Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Cat in pajamas >

Cat in pajamas

Cat in pajamas

Old 12-03-2023, 10:03 PM

Default Cat in pajamas

Hello quilters! I found a pattern on Pinterest of Dogs in Sweaters. I really would like to make it but didn’t think I had anyone in mind to justify buying the pattern, until I thought of my husband’s buddy with dementia.He has a dachshund dog so I thought if his wife has to place him somewhere he could take his pillow dachshund with him. However I didn’t buy it. I then kept looking and the same designer Elizabeth Hartman had Cats in Pajamas. I know a lady that rescued and loves cats, that just found out she has cancer. I thought of making her a cat in pj’s might give her a little lift so I made one cat. Now what should I make with it? I thought a tote for her to carry a blanket, books etc while she has treatment’s or even a pillow sham. I will have to mail it so if I do a pillow sham/ cover I will send $$ for her hubby to get her a pillow form. Do you have any ideas what to make with it? Anyway, I think it came out ok, do you?
Attached Thumbnails img_0712.jpeg  
Old 12-04-2023, 03:39 AM

I think it's cute! I would go with the tote, that way she can use it immediately.
Old 12-04-2023, 04:24 AM

I saw this same pattern the other day and loved it. Both grand-daughters, ages 5 & 9 are currently into cats big time. As for your friend, a tote bag would be wonderful and depending on the size, quilting it would be easy. Go for it!
Old 12-04-2023, 04:33 AM

That is adorable! I would go with the tote bag, your friend will love it. When I had chemo I took a book, slippers, snacks, etc.
Old 12-04-2023, 05:36 AM

Adorable!

Your opening comments kind of go hand in hand with another thread here about caring for ourselves and putting others first. "I really would like to make it but didn’t think I had anyone in mind to justify buying the pattern". I just read that thread, so that stood out to me.

I'll admit that while, as a general rule I put others first, when it comes to quilting, I'm much more likely to do what I want. So, as a cat lover, your cute cat has prompted me to look for that pattern next time I'm out.
Old 12-04-2023, 05:43 AM
Power Poster

So nice, would make great tote bag
Old 12-04-2023, 05:55 AM

Love that pattern! Thanks for posting the information on whose pattern it is. I'm like others, I think a tote bag would be perfect.
Old 12-04-2023, 06:17 AM

Adorable and love his pajamas! I agree that a tote would be perfect.
Old 12-04-2023, 07:06 AM

You could also order a pillow form on Amazon and have it sent directly to him for the pillow. Cute idea!
Old 12-04-2023, 09:24 AM

What a sweet idea! No wonder I always read your posts. I like the tote bag idea, too. She's going to be charmed by your generous and loving gift.