Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Charm quilt is back from quilters >

Charm quilt is back from quilters

Charm quilt is back from quilters

Old 02-16-2010, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
I vote for blue binding and I'd be disappointed as you are with the backing not being the correct way, I'm too much of a perfectionist. you're paying them for their service and it should be done the correct way. I would suggest a reduced price for the next quilt that is done in the future or leave explicit instructions to call if any questions arise.
He had his daughter call me and leave message today to ask if i wanted my check ripped up and not cashed.. I found it wierd that he did not call himself ;(.. so I ignored it and later tonight he emailed the same thing.. . not sure how o handle it.. but think if he felt he should I should not need to ask.. I am going on vacation and not worrying about it . It wasn't that much money to get it done.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Power Poster

The quilt is beautiful...even with the back done sideways..I would opt for a blue binding. As for the quilter...sounds like something is amiss with his health/personal life and it unfortunately travelled to work with him. Enjoy your vacation.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:49 PM

I think a red binding would make it pop.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
Your quilt is so cute!! I would use a red binding. It would really set it off!!

Ditter :)
that was the first color that came into my head as well, red...
Old 02-16-2010, 10:22 PM

I think you are right RED... I finished cleaning my room tonight and getting things together to take my machine to my daughters one more sleep;)
Old 02-16-2010, 10:28 PM

Looks great Janice. You did a fabulous job on piecing, & they did a great quilting job.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:11 PM

I just love this quilt! You did a great job. Know that. You cannot help what has been done by someone else. You brought it to his attention and that is all you can do. But...you do not have to use him again if you are bothered by his attitude. The quilt will be loved and it is a great quilt.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:09 AM

Yep I am over it ....... Peyton will love it..she will have it in her hands tomorrow afternoon;):)>. Can't wait to see them all !! Have a great couple weeks everyone I don't usually get computer time up there. Thank you for al your encouragement always ;). and have fun piecing.. janice
Old 02-17-2010, 07:14 AM

Its a gorgeous quilt sure to be loved. As to the quilter putting the backing on sideways I sure as heck hope they didnt charge you full price .. that was an OBVIOUS mistake.. a child wont notice but an adult would ..even a non quilter. It is a by gones be by gones I suppose. And surely you will mention it the next round prior to quilting?
Old 02-17-2010, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
Its a gorgeous quilt sure to be loved. As to the quilter putting the backing on sideways I sure as heck hope they didnt charge you full price .. that was an OBVIOUS mistake.. a child wont notice but an adult would ..even a non quilter. It is a by gones be by gones I suppose. And surely you will mention it the next round prior to quilting?
He had his daughter leave me a message to ask if I wanted him to rip up my check.. I wished he had called me himself. I am ignoring it.. I am on my way out of town.... I will be specific next time. He does some free quilts for our quilts of Valor group so want to preserve that relationship.