Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Chenille garden quilt >

Chenille garden quilt

Chenille garden quilt

Old 12-18-2020, 03:54 AM
Power Poster

Default Chenille garden quilt

I think this bright and happy quilt has been waiting since 2007. It sat in the flimsy closet for a long time. I wasn't completely happy with it as the main block and sashing blended too much and the whole pattern seemed lost. I knew I wanted to give the sashing some kind of separation and always wanted to use ric-rac and never found the right color or amount for the vision I had. Many years later, I discovered a product called "Chenille-It" and I knew this was the answer to get this quilt finished. I am so happy after so many years of procrastination.

Well this stupid site isn't letting me download pictures again. I'm out of here probably for good this time. Just not enjoyable when every time I try to post something it's not accepted.

Bye bye
peace to all

Old 12-18-2020, 07:05 AM

Oh no. Please try and hang in there. We would all miss your input and projects. Do you know how to resize your pictures? I only use a computer and right click on the file picture you are selecting, click resize....custom, then change the settings to 600 x 400 pics and save to my file as resized. Then use that picture for the quiltingboard.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

Glad you found a solution to get your UFO finished. I can no longer post pictures from my iPad but I will be darned if I will stop participating in the forum. A way to connect to others in the quilting community is especially important during this pandemic. Hang in there girlfriend!
Old 12-18-2020, 08:21 AM

I for one would hope you wouldn't leave because of an upload failure. I can remember the days when uploading a pic was not an option so we worked with the description of what we were doing., You gave an excellent description of what you were doing with the Chenille-It . That it is perfect for what you are doing is an inspiration to me and I am sure to others. You have been here a long time and your leaving would be a loss. I hope you stay long enough to read this.
Old 12-18-2020, 08:27 AM

I, too, have had nothing but trouble with pictures. And I used to post a lot of them. Somehow it just doesn't work for me. And many have tried to help me. But please don't leave us. We are out here flapping in the breeze too.
Marcia
Old 12-18-2020, 10:56 AM

Good for you, Ube, for getting that quilt finished. I once had eight flimsies waiting to quilt, and it was so satisfying when I finally got them all quilted and given away. This website is very frustrating. I cannot post photos on my computer or phone, but I can on my iPad. Weird... They're all Apple products and are connected in the cloud.
Old 12-18-2020, 02:18 PM

Ube, I am so sorry that this forum is so frustrating to you right now. I hope that things work out and you are comfortable returning. I say this very selishly because the Chennile-It you posted about is the answer to a problem I was having in a quilt design that has ocean waves and clouds and I would not have found it without your post. Your knowledge is valuable.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:28 AM
Power Poster

Thank you, everyone, for all the encouragement. I walked away for a while and tried again. I did finally get the pictures to load and they are in two threads but I repeated the pictures.

Look for zinnias in chenille and ( #2)

Thanks again, it is really appreciated.