Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Christmas Gifts for Mom and Dad >

Christmas Gifts for Mom and Dad

Christmas Gifts for Mom and Dad

Old 12-23-2011, 01:03 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
SewMomma66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 485
Default Christmas Gifts for Mom and Dad

This year I made a flannel quilt for dad and placemats for mom.

The quilt was from an online show called DIY dish webshow. Twin sisters made this and it was a piece of cake.

The placemats pattern was from a lady on here that had made some. Loved it so I ordered Reindeer Games from Moda, embroidered the center with designs from www.emblibrary.com, and used a variegated red, green and blue thread. There are a total of 8 placemats.

I am very happy with the results and so are my parents!
Attached Thumbnails dad-quilt.jpg   mom2.jpg   mom3.jpg   dad-quilt2.jpg   mom1.jpg  

SewMomma66 is offline  
Old 12-23-2011, 01:05 PM
  #2  
Power Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 20,307
Default

I want the Bah Humbug ! LOL The placemats are so cute- and the quilt looks snuggly
sharon b is offline  
Old 12-23-2011, 04:07 PM
  #3  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: So Plymouth, NY
Posts: 2,481
Default

Very, very nice. Don't you love working with flannel? It does pull all the moisture out of your hands and fingers though.
SouthPStitches is offline  
Old 12-23-2011, 04:35 PM
  #4  
Super Member
 
Jo M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,352
Default

Very cute placemats...and so is that quilt. Where did you get the "hike" fabric in the quilt?
Jo M is offline  
Old 12-23-2011, 04:37 PM
  #5  
Power Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: VIRGINIA
Posts: 22,671
Default

great job !!!
QUILTNMO is offline  
Old 12-23-2011, 04:54 PM
  #6  
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 8,273
Default

love them all, but those mats...were they just charm packs???
jaciqltznok is offline  
Old 12-23-2011, 05:26 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
SewMomma66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 485
Default

Thank you! The fabric came from a shop called Country Quilts and Bears in Tampa, FL
Originally Posted by Jo M View Post
Very cute placemats...and so is that quilt. Where did you get the "hike" fabric in the quilt?
SewMomma66 is offline  
Old 12-23-2011, 05:26 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
SewMomma66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 485
Default

Yes it called for 2 charm packs for six mats. I ordered extra so I could do some for me.
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
love them all, but those mats...were they just charm packs???
SewMomma66 is offline  
Old 12-23-2011, 05:28 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
SewMomma66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 485
Default

It is good until you are putting the whole thing through the machine and then it gets heavy. Must say my shoulders and hands were a bit sore the next day. Well worth it.!
Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
Very, very nice. Don't you love working with flannel? It does pull all the moisture out of your hands and fingers though.
SewMomma66 is offline  
Old 12-23-2011, 05:36 PM
  #10  
Super Member
 
Judith1005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: *where the sun almost always shines*
Posts: 9,277
Default

WOW, they are both great. Glad your mom and dad loved them. I'll have to check out that quilt pattern on DIY Dish, it's cute. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by SewMomma66 View Post
This year I made a flannel quilt for dad and placemats for mom.

The quilt was from an online show called DIY dish webshow. Twin sisters made this and it was a piece of cake.

The placemats pattern was from a lady on here that had made some. Loved it so I ordered Reindeer Games from Moda, embroidered the center with designs from www.emblibrary.com, and used a variegated red, green and blue thread. There are a total of 8 placemats.

I am very happy with the results and so are my parents!
Judith1005 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
sharon b
Pictures
40
11-03-2013 07:20 AM
Puppy Paws
Pictures
40
01-05-2012 05:00 PM
JLD
Pictures
39
11-17-2010 05:01 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.