Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Chrysanthoscopes! >

Chrysanthoscopes!

Chrysanthoscopes!

Old 01-02-2011, 11:14 AM

Oh my gosh this is beautiful!! I am totally in love with this (OBW) process! My book should be here next week then I can get started on mine first one. But I just can't believe that its so easy to do. But I'm going to believe all of you fabulous forum quilters. Thanks so much for sharing. I just can't get enough of these beauties!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by 4L
Do you need a special ruler or template to do this quilt? (OBW) I have the book placed in my Amazon Cart but have not yet moved it to check out status.. Just wondering what else I will need to do this one....
Have you gone up to the search engine on this site, typed in Tiptoe through the Hexagons - - Cutting thread yet? Cutebuns did a great tutorial on doing the OBW ... you will see what you need <wave>
Old 01-02-2011, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by 4L
Do you need a special ruler or template to do this quilt? (OBW) I have the book placed in my Amazon Cart but have not yet moved it to check out status.. Just wondering what else I will need to do this one....
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-35685-1.htm

enjoy <wave>
Old 01-03-2011, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by 4L
The book recommends the 6" Clearview 60 degree ruler and although you could use any ruler with a 60 deg angle, you will find the 6" Clearview far, far better, easier to use etc. Also you will need some flower head pins. As you are going to work from the book, it would be preferable to use what the author recommends. Do not buy a triangle with a blunt point, you need the points intact for matching up.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:15 AM

Thanks so much for the tips ladies. I do have flower head pins and I just checked and I also have a 60 deg angle (clear) with a pointed tip. But I will check around and buy a Clearview if I find I having problems. I am going to do the search you suggested. Again thanks so very much. This forum is the absolute best!!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by itsmesuzq
Thanks so much for the tips ladies. I do have flower head pins and I just checked and I also have a 60 deg angle (clear) with a pointed tip. But I will check around and buy a Clearview if I find I having problems. I am going to do the search you suggested. Again thanks so very much. This forum is the absolute best!!
You should be fine then with the triangle you have - you will find it all very easy to follow in the book - have alot of fun with your OBW!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:05 AM

Does this book tell you how much material you will need for a queen size quilt? Who is the book by?
Old 01-07-2011, 04:59 PM

I just received the book today. Its called "One-Block Wonders encore!" and its by Maxine Rosenthal & Joy Pelzmann.

I haven't read any of it yet but you can go to Amazon.com and look it over to see if it tells you what you want to know. I would think it would help with how much fabric you would need for certain size quilts.

I can't wait to get started on learning how to do this process.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:06 PM

Your OBW is beautiful! Out of curiosity, how big were your triangles?
Old 01-07-2011, 05:08 PM

PERFECT!!!