Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Churning Fourteen

Ok-I just broke down and ordered the pattern (not that I don't have tons of patterns already)!! But I just love the way the churn dash is so different in sizes. I have a lot of blues and yellows I have been wanting to make up in a pattern and I think this pattern would be great to use in those colors. I wanted to make a Yellow Brick Road with my yellows and blues but just can't comprehend the instructions. Thank you very much for sharing the link for the pattern and especially love your quilt and anxious to see it when it is quilted.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful. I just love this pattern. I think it is in a book I already own. I adore Churns. Great job. Your a wonderful quilter. So, I know your quilt will look exceptional when you are done.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Oh so pretty! It is great seeing all your work again! Keep adding more to this site!!!!!

The fabrics are wonderful! I used them to make my dogs in sweaters quilt top I am almost finished with.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    I like your churn dash. About 2 years ago we had a churn dash swap here on the board. It was my first swap and I used my favorite pattern of placement, on point. On a whim (completely out of my mind) I put that top in the local Amish auction. Then forgot what day it was a missed the entire thing. My wonderful top went for $25.00. I was heart broken....but I have to say that my Little Miss Sunshine brain came to the rescue. I could make another one.

The next year I was astounded to see that top go through the same sale, hand quilted to perfection. Of course I bid on it and ran it up as high as I thought I could make another, then let it go. I talked to the woman who bought it and she told me it was for her guest bedroom and the smaller size was just right for her bed. I was glad it got a good home where it will be cherished.

A lot of us swappers don't ever put them together, just leave the blocks to languish in their stash. I might contact some of the swappers and see if I could buy their blocks.

Great combination of colors. Great job!

real nice!!!!

Love churn dash blocks. Love your colors and how you have several different sizes...makes the quilt so much more interesting. Thanks for the pattern info, too

How charming yet modern with your fabric choices. Love it! Thank you.

I just saw another like this made with this pattern this last week at my guild. The pattern maker was the presenter of the meeting. Fun design.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
    I just saw another like this made with this pattern this last week at my guild. The pattern maker was the presenter of the meeting. Fun design.
    I bet that was fun!
    Harriet
    https://www.facebook.com/Thelaststitch
    Handi Quilter International Educator

I love the color way and pattern!

DJ
    Lovely. That's a modern twist on a traditional block.

Excellent use of different sizes to make a fun quilt. I can't wait to see how you decide to quilt it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2