Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Clothespin Bag

Blog Entries
    There was a thread awhile ago about clothespin bags. I mentioned one I had seen at a local store. I got down there this last week and thought it was so cute I brought one home. I don't have a clothesline or anywhere to put one but I thought I would use it for storage!! Wouldn't that be a cute way to store supplies?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Too, cute!

Blog Entries
    Very Nice, good idea :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    That's a cutie

Very cute. I always had one when I had to hang clothes out to dry. I never thought of using one now for storage. What a great idea.

I have clothes pin bags and use one in my closet to keep nylon stockings (otherwise known as pantyhose) in rather than in a drawer. I have an old one in the laundry room that is a catch all for small items that need to be hand washed. In the sewing room they would be great for storing bias for binding quilts and other small pieces. Cute hanging on the wall. As a decorative piece, among the Sewing Angels some of us have.

Clothes lines are a thing of the past for me, since Condo living does not allow for outdoor drying. But clothes pin bags are a connection to the past. Part of my "history."

Everyone should have at least one.

June

Ha ha ha ha ... This is adorable, rhonda! I like the idea of using it as storage. Good idea!

I made one years ago and still have it I made it out of ticking and it has held up for over 30 years. I keep it in the basement to hang stuff on the line downstairs.

I need one...I hang clothes out when I can....I have plastic clothes pins and leave them on the line. thats cute. :D

I did a Google search, using a variety of word combinations and found "little dress clothespin bag pattern" and "vintage clothespin bags" and vintage aprons. Lots of things available depending on what you would like to make. Google is the place to go...

Blog Entries
    I remember my grandma had one of these when she used to hang the clothes on the line. Brings back memories of helping her hang clothes on the line.

Blog Entries
    We had a clothes line complete with a clothespin bag but it was just a plain bag. I hated the chore of hanging clothes because it all had to be hung by specific rules and my mom is a perfectionist!
    I hated having to lug everything back in the house! Maybe that is why my husband does all the laundry now!!

Your clothespin bag is adorable and brings back such great memories. I LOVE to hang out clothes-wish I could have a clothesline here.

Banned
    So cute. I love it

Does anyone know where to find patterns for clothespin bags.....I would love to make some...they remind me of my grandmother.... :-)

Blog Entries
    I was thinking about finding a little girls dress at a thrift store or on sale somewhere and sewing a bag inside it, attaching it along the waist line. :wink:

I have one and It does hold the clothespins. I have a basement and I hang all my clothes up. Saves on the electric. clothes last longer too!

Quote Originally Posted by Lockeb
    Does anyone know where to find patterns for clothespin bags.....I would love to make some...they remind me of my grandmother.... :-)
    http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/project...clothespin_bag

I have a clothesline that I use in the Summer months to dry quilts on, etc. My closthespin bag is a hanging plant bucket. When I am done, I hang it in the shed (saves the pins from the weather) which is near the clothesline. I have made several pin bags with children's coat hangers. I will dig one of them out for my plastic bags. I use the bags to line small trash cans, saves washing a lot of trash cans.

Super Member Damsel in DisDress's Avatar
    Really Cute!

That is a much fancier clothespin bag than what I remember using!! Very cute and yes you could definitely store some goodies in it.

Blog Entries
    I'm an old timer that still has & uses a clothesline.Love the smell of fresh linens,towels & my nightie/robe.There's not a softener made that can beat that smell :thumbup:

Does the little dress have an inner bag for the clothes pins?

Those are really cute. I made a cloths pin bag out of my husbands old Army pants, just cut off the leg and sewed the bottom up and attached it to the old cloths pin bag that wore out. It works, but this is much nicer. I bet I could get a nice dress or something at the thrift store and just sew up the bottom. I am all for quick and easy.

Blog Entries
    Really cute!

Blog Entries
    Very cute!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast