Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
colleen does another bow tuck >

colleen does another bow tuck

colleen does another bow tuck

Old 07-10-2011, 08:27 PM

I have made a few of these purses from friends and family.

I had a special request for this one. They lady purchase the fabrics and I made it for her.

purse
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224669[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-224663.jpe  
Old 07-10-2011, 09:52 PM

Very nice :-D
Old 07-10-2011, 09:59 PM

These bag's all turn out nice. I have a neice that loves John Deere, so I made her one of them. To each his own, I have made about 5 or 6 of these I also do a lot of Tote bags, with embroidery on them and the person's name.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:12 AM

very colorful, I thought I would get started on mine yesterday but nope other things came up, hopefully today
Old 07-11-2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by nangars
I have made a few of these purses from friends and family.

I had a special request for this one. They lady purchase the fabrics and I made it for her.
I just love to look at everyone's.. they are all so different yet the same.. I have lots of ladies who purchase fabric either by bringing it to me or sending me links to what they would like. I aim to please...lol
I love your fabric..cute cute
Old 07-11-2011, 06:33 AM

colleen53,

Where do you get your beads? They look like glass rather than the plastic pony beads.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN
colleen53,

Where do you get your beads? They look like glass rather than the plastic pony beads.
the beads are wood.. they come in a good size bag with muliple colors in them..
green, blue, burgundy, black, natural. I am going to get more later today.. i get them at joann's in the jewelry making aisles.. I also get the silver ones there.. big bag also of various shapes..they come in gold as well.
when i go , i get silver, gold. and two bags of colors...
Old 07-11-2011, 06:50 AM

This lady wanted color fully and that was what she picked. If you need to have something special, then it is up to you to find what you like. It is hard to pick a fabric just perfect for someone.

I love your fabric in your blue bag, I have also come up with putting a key ring on the end of some of my bags. I use the hair bands that you can buy in the dollar store, they come in all colors and it is nice to have some place to put your keys. I have also used them on my Tote bags use them for the buttons, for people that one a button on them.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by colleen53
Originally Posted by IBQLTN
colleen53,

the beads are wood.. they come in a good size bag with muliple colors in them..
green, blue, burgundy, black, natural. I am going to get more later today.. i get them at joann's in the jewelry making aisles.. I also get the silver ones there.. big bag also of various shapes..they come in gold as well.
when i go , i get silver, gold. and two bags of colors...
Thanks Colleen! I've made a lot of bags but still haven't tried my bowtucks pattern. But I guess it's time to bite the bullet and give her a try!

Do you use the fusible batting on the main fabric and Decor Bond on the lining?
Old 07-11-2011, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by nangars
This lady wanted color fully and that was what she picked. If you need to have something special, then it is up to you to find what you like. It is hard to pick a fabric just perfect for someone.

I love your fabric in your blue bag, I have also come up with putting a key ring on the end of some of my bags. I use the hair bands that you can buy in the dollar store, they come in all colors and it is nice to have some place to put your keys. I have also used them on my Tote bags use them for the buttons, for people that one a button on them.
i agree about picking fabric for a specialty bag. I give my customers lots of fabric sites to browse and lqs as well.
If a customer has something in mind I let them do the foot work on fabric and then i order it if its online or go get it if its local. That way they are having control over what they want on it..I tell them to pick 2/3 fabrics and then it's in my hands lol