Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • color issues >
  • color issues

• color issues

Old 02-07-2008, 11:45 AM

time will tell......
    i have to do some housework now, since i have been neglecting it in the name of "what i like to do"!!!
    i will keep you all updated,,, because i don't know where i am going without ya !
    Old 02-07-2008, 03:55 PM

I'm brand new here, and havent quilted a lot, so please, hope im not stepping in wrong, but just thought i would try this idea for you. I think your newest version looks better colourwise. But having the stars re-arranged like that, takes away from the beauty of your centre applique. It kinda makes it look like a cream coloured square just kinda plunked in the middle? Instead of drawing beautiful attention to your applique? So this is what i was thinking. Why not accentuate the centre, by extending the cream colour into a beautiful diamond that catches the eye, maybe add more applique in the new cream pieces or not, use the chocolate brown to make a half inch diamond border, put the stars in the corners. Use the chocolate brown on all things you want to stand out, like stars and things, use your flowered brown background for all the backgrounds, then on very outside of all this, put another chocolate brown border, then you could add a burgandy one if you want, and another chocolate brown
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-53794.jpe  
    Old 02-07-2008, 04:14 PM
    Power Poster

colleen, I just love the total quilt that you showed on the 1st post. The new look is definetely much better. I still like the block patterns that the old red and green blocks were....just not the colors. Do you have anything stashed that will work with the remaining blocks that you can go back to the original block designs? I think that as you build the quilt, it will be beautiful!
    Old 02-07-2008, 04:28 PM

wow you really put a lot of thought into that for me,,, i have been twisting and turning and making changes all day,,, then i sit and look at it,,and go twist and turn some more
    i am going to make up some smaller blocks and then play some more,,, thank you so much for your great ideas,, and i will see how i can implement that into my quilt. thank you so much for taking the time :D