Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Colorful quilts for Jan's Soldiers

Here are the 3 tops that I am sending to you, Jan, for your soldiers. You said colorful, so I made them "colorful"
    They are packaged and postage printed and they will go into tomorrow's mail.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    WOW! I love all three of them. Great job.

Those are very, very colorful! Great job! :thumbup: and Thank you for supporting our troops! :D

The troops will love them.

Very pretty!!!

Blog Entries
    Lookin good!

Blog Entries
    great job, the troops will love them

Great job! I love all three & know they will be so appreciated.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Jan's soldier's are gonna receive some of the most beautiful quilts.
    These are fabulous. Infact all of the ones I have seen have all been great. I do hope someone will be able to take pictures when they receive all their quilts.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilts! I know they'll love them.

Great work!!

Kyia

Love the colors!

Thank you!

Lovely! They look very inviting they will be much appreciated Well done for supporting your soldiers!

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Hot dog, I can't wait!!
    Shipping the first box of 19 quilts today and *hoping* to have pictures taken of them before they go out -weather here is iffy today so space/lighting is a factor.

cjomomma, I've asked Bert to try to send pics of the quilts in use, but not holding my breath considering the conditions they are working in there. We can't ship batteries I'm told, so don't know how they'll have cameras operating now after 90 days in country.

By the way, SIL Bert advised my DD yesterday that the parts for the water pump arrived and they HAVE SHOWERS and laundry abilities! Woo hoo!! Can you imagine the lines at the showers?! Thank God for those men.

Jan in VA

Blog Entries
    Great quilts. I've made five that I sent to Jan, but I only have a regular camera so I have to use up the roll and get it devolped onto a disk. It will probably be a couple weeks before they get posted.

Power Poster
    Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    Hot dog, I can't wait!!
    Shipping the first box of 19 quilts today and *hoping* to have pictures taken of them before they go out -weather here is iffy today so space/lighting is a factor.

cjomomma, I've asked Bert to try to send pics of the quilts in use, but not holding my breath considering the conditions they are working in there. We can't ship batteries I'm told, so don't know how they'll have cameras operating now after 90 days in country.

By the way, SIL Bert advised my DD yesterday that the parts for the water pump arrived and they HAVE SHOWERS and laundry abilities! Woo hoo!! Can you imagine the lines at the showers?! Thank God for those men.

Jan in VA
    So glad to hear they finally have showers!!!!
    When my daughter was there in Afghanistan, she was outside of Kabul and she lived in a "hootch" with 3 other gals. (Unfortunately one was killed by a car bomb while they were there)

Your quilts are very pretty. But most of all thank you for your generosity to our troops.

Well they do still have electricity so if they have a camera that can be charged by a cord they can go that way. But if you haven't shipped yet add a disposable camera or two with the box then they can send you back the cameras and you can develop the film. This is a really sweet thing that you are doing. As a wife of a soldier I know it will be greatly appreciated. They all love and crave any taste of home. My husband said when he was over there that some soldiers don't really get any care packages from home. I always sent extra goodies but this really tops it all. A very noble gesture!

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
    Well they do still have electricity so if they have a camera that can be charged by a cord they can go that way. But if you haven't shipped yet add a disposable camera or two with the box then they can send you back the cameras and you can develop the film. This is a really sweet thing that you are doing. As a wife of a soldier I know it will be greatly appreciated. They all love and crave any taste of home. My husband said when he was over there that some soldiers don't really get any care packages from home. I always sent extra goodies but this really tops it all. A very noble gesture!
    Phooey, fudge and darn! WHY didn't I think of disposable cameras for the quilt shipping boxes while I was at Walmart this
    morning??!! I just hate the thought of going back there, LOL! It hurts me so to walk it. Sigh.

Suck it up and do it, Jan, even though you've been to the bank - inside the lobby, the newspaper office to make an appointment for an interview about us, lunch, and the National Guard - and walked all over that huge building and parking lot to their outbuildings (with a gorgeous young Sergeant, so not *too* bad :-o ) this morning already.

To the post office this afternoon.
    Jan

Those are great tops for the soldiers! I love your design and fabric choices -- it is giving me some more ideas.

Jan, you should be able to get those disposable cameras at someplace like CVS or Walgreens so you don't have to walk so far. Or, at out Walmart, the camera dept is located at the back of the building, not too far from the auto care area where there is a separate entrance and checkout -- not so far to walk.

Quote Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
    Phooey, fudge and darn! WHY didn't I think of disposable cameras for the quilt shipping boxes while I was at Walmart this
    morning??!! I just hate the thought of going back there, LOL! It hurts me so to walk it. Sigh.

Suck it up and do it, Jan, even though you've been to the bank - inside the lobby, the newspaper office to make an appointment for an interview about us, lunch, and the National Guard - and walked all over that huge building and parking lot to their outbuildings (with a gorgeous young Sergeant, so not *too* bad :-o ) this morning already.

To the post office this afternoon.
    Jan
    Sorry you have to do more walking but if you get the disposable cameras before you send the quilts off and put it in with the box you wont regret it. Make sure you tell your son in law that you put the cameras in there and what they are for so they don't accidentally get over looked or missed in the quilts.
    My hubby and I are PCSing soon so I don't have the time to make any tops but are you taking donations for shipping? I know how expensive it is to ship over there especially when you can't use a flat rate box. Let me know. Or if you would rather I could send some fabric for backing or to make a top or something.

Those are gorgeous! Love the pattern and beautiful colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    Hot dog, I can't wait!!

Jan in VA
    So glad to hear they finally have showers!!!!
    When my daughter was there in Afghanistan, she was outside of Kabul and she lived in a "hootch" with 3 other gals. (Unfortunately one was killed by a car bomb while they were there)
    Oops, she was actually in Bagram, not Kabul. :oops: :oops:

Blog Entries
    Beautiful and very colorful too :D:D:D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast