Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Come see my "Happy Scrappy"! >

Come see my "Happy Scrappy"!

Come see my "Happy Scrappy"!

Old 06-21-2010, 11:00 PM

Beautiful Scrappy!!
Old 06-22-2010, 05:45 AM

Brought a Happy Smile to me. Looks like you did a great job! And, it's it nice to make other people happy.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:52 AM

i love scrap quilts and i see why you call it happy scrappy :thumbup:
Old 06-22-2010, 10:05 AM

Fabulous looking scrappy quilt. I love your sence of humor too!!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:36 PM

Nice work!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:06 PM

If you don't do them again how are you going to master them. You are too critical. Very few people would notice anything like that, all they would see, is a quilt that is vibrant and made with love and want one of their own.I want one now, it's just too cute. A happy quilt, it is
Old 06-22-2010, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by JCL in FL
If you don't do them again how are you going to master them. You are too critical. Very few people would notice anything like that, all they would see, is a quilt that is vibrant and made with love and want one of their own.I want one now, it's just too cute. A happy quilt, it is
I think my problem is that I'm not sure HOW to do them. I made all of my squares, then attached the black sashing on top and bottom of each square, and attached them together to make a long row. Then I made one long strip with black then pink then black and so on. But, when I went to attach that strip between 2 long strips of squares- some matched up perfectly and others were off. What am I doing wrong? I love the look so would enjoy trying it again, but I need to figure out what went wrong. Although from a distance it does look "happy", up close it looks a wee bit sad. haha! Only kidding. I'm really proud of it, but would like to improve.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by himnherr
I think my problem is that I'm not sure HOW to do them. I made all of my squares, then attached the black sashing on top and bottom of each square, and attached them together to make a long row. Then I made one long strip with black then pink then black and so on. But, when I went to attach that strip between 2 long strips of squares- some matched up perfectly and others were off. What am I doing wrong? I love the look so would enjoy trying it again, but I need to figure out what went wrong. Although from a distance it does look "happy", up close it looks a wee bit sad. haha! Only kidding. I'm really proud of it, but would like to improve.
Did you square up each square? Make sure each square was exactly the same size? If so you are doing it the way I would. I think you just being too critical, and given a little time it won't be such a bone of contention to you. I made a Pineapple Star quilt and I lost all kind of points and I did them all the same. Who knows!!! Your quilt is so nice and I like the sashing the way you did it, it sets off each square as it's own little project. I've been at this for while but I'm not all that good at it, maybe I needed to be more critical of my own work years back and I'd be better at it now. The important thing is your quilt made people happy. Lots of them on this site. Good work!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:55 PM

Oh I love it! I've been saving my scraps to make a scrappy quilt but I don't have enough to make a large quilt yet.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by himnherr
Did you square up each square? Make sure each square was exactly the same size? If so you are doing it the way I would. I think you just being too critical, and given a little time it won't be such a bone of contention to you. I made a Pineapple Star quilt and I lost all kind of points and I did them all the same. Who knows!!! Your quilt is so nice and I like the sashing the way you did it, it sets off each square as it's own little project. I've been at this for while but I'm not all that good at it, maybe I needed to be more critical of my own work years back and I'd be better at it now. The important thing is your quilt made people happy. Lots of them on this site. Good work!!!
Judi- maybe that was my problem- I'm not POSITIVE all were exactly the same size, plus I eyeballed the little pink squares. :roll: But, I'll know to follow the same steps only make sure of EXACT sizes next time. I'm really touched that so many people are enjoying it! Makes me happy all over again! :XD: