Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Competition Winner

Last September I entered a quilt into a local competition, and was really surprised to win third place in the bed section. I was over the moon, as I didn't think that it was being judged, was just there for people to look at. It is a trip around the world made using Moda William Morris Workshop colours. I really like the colours - although they aren't everyones cup of tea. I hand quilted it, so it took me quite a while to complete. Hope you like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

definitely looks like a winner to me! Just beautiful

pab

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Sharon, that is one beautiful piece of work.Be proud! pab

Lovely! My daughter went to college in Stirling. Are you near there?

Blog Entries
    If that was 3rd place you were up against stiff competition.
    It sure looks like a blue ribbon to me! Great quilt and beautiful quilting.:)

Congratulations!! What a great accomplishment! :)

lovely

Quote Originally Posted by Julianna
    Lovely! My daughter went to college in Stirling. Are you near there?
    Yes I am about 3/4 hrs drive south of Stirling. Beautiful city Stirling - I recently went to Stirling Castle and got some wonderful photographs. I stay about 15 miles west of Edinburgh, so quite central. Is your daughter still in Scotland?

Those colors are certainly MY cup of tea. What a beautiful quilt. Congratulations!

what a nice surprise, it is really nice, it has a country feel which is my favorite, congratulations

Blog Entries
    Those are my colors too! Gorgeous and beautiful stitching!

Congratulation!!!
    Beautiful quilt.

Wow, your points are perfect!! Congrats.

Congrats! Pretty quilt, and love the color of the backing!

congradulations! Beautiful.

Congratulations :!:

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    If that was 3rd place you were up against stiff competition.
    It sure looks like a blue ribbon to me! Great quilt and beautiful quilting.:)
    First place in my book!

Really lovely!

Blog Entries
    I love the colors! Beautiful handwork. Congratulations!

Blog Entries
    Great job; beautiful quilt.

Sharon, It is a lovely quilt and you did a fantastic job hand-quilting it!

No. After she graduated from college she toured many countries of Europe for a couple years, worked as a teacher in Austria, at an Inn on the Hebrides, toured Russia by train, and on and on. She is quite the adventurous girl! She is now a National Park Ranger and has worked in Hawaii, Maine, California and Alaska with trips to Australia, Sri Lanka (she was in a wedding there where the bride rode in on an elephant) Belize, New Zealand, Norway, Japan and more. She is finally settled down now with another Park Ranger in the Rocky Mts. and we have our first grandchild- a beautiful baby girl and Grandma (me) loves sewing for her! I visited Scotland many times and really enjoy your beautiful country. We have many friends there and in England where our son, Professor at Missouri University, teaches every fifth year at Imperial College in London. Maybe we'll meet someday :)

No. After she graduated from college she toured many countries of Europe for a couple years, worked as a teacher in Austria, at an Inn on the Hebrides, toured Russia by train, and on and on. She is quite the adventurous girl! She is now a National Park Ranger and has worked in Hawaii, Maine, California and Alaska with trips to Australia, Sri Lanka (she was in a wedding there where the bride rode in on an elephant) Belize, New Zealand, Norway, Japan and more. She is finally settled down now with another Park Ranger in the Rocky Mts. and we have our first grandchild- a beautiful baby girl and Grandma (me) loves sewing for her! I visited Scotland many times and really enjoy your beautiful country. We have many friends there and in England where our son, Professor at Missouri University, teaches every fifth year at Imperial College in London. Maybe we'll meet someday :)
    Wow your daughter has certainly travelled. You will be glad however that she is close to home. It is good that you have managed to visit UK, wish I could say the same for your country, only been as far as New York. You never know - maybe someday. Have a nice day. Regards, Sharon.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonD
    Wow your daughter has certainly travelled. You will be glad however that she is close to home. It is good that you have managed to visit UK, wish I could say the same for your country, only been as far as New York. You never know - maybe someday. Have a nice day. Regards, Sharon. Sorry I am assuming that you are in the US - apologies if I am wrong :lol:
    Yes we are. We have lived all around. I have taught Sciences in seven states and we are now retired in the Midwest. Come visit anytime :)

that is beautiful, congrats!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast