Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Counted Crosstitch Christmas Stockings >

Counted Crosstitch Christmas Stockings

Counted Crosstitch Christmas Stockings

Old 12-07-2010, 10:31 AM

WOW I know how time consuming those would be... they are beautiful.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by laurafet
Beautiful! Love the one with the deer!
Most of this one was stitched while my mother and mother in law were both seriously ill in hospitals across town from each other. I spent many, many hours sitting in the intensive care waiting room so kept my figures and mind busy stitching.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Nell
They are inspiring!!! Have purchased manufactured cross-stitched stockings online for some of our grandchildren, but they don't compare to yours. Where did you get the patterns, please?
I'll look up the patterns, if I can still find them after all these years. I know one or two were in books, and the others were pamphlets; but I'll try to find the names.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by luvspaper
Gorgeous! I recognize some of those patterns!

I've made 6 although there are only 5 of us. I originally made DH's really simple and when the rest were done, it looked out of place. So I made him a new one. The first two I made while on bedrest with my twin girlies and the others as the family grew/changed.
I understand what you mean by out of place. The stocking (with the old fashion Santa) I made for one of my sons. Now it looks out of place with the others, and the one that I'm stitching now for his wife, so I have been thinking about making him a new one.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:03 PM

Unbelievably beautiful, what work you put into these, they are gorgeous!
Old 12-07-2010, 04:42 PM

Beautifully done! When eyes were better used to do counted cross stitch myself. Your stockings are terrific!
Old 12-07-2010, 05:16 PM

Mine is the sewing room and my son's is the library in this series, the girls were teddy bears and rocking horses, they were so worth the time they took, I consider them family heirlooms! Yours are beautiful!

I still do alot of counted cross stitch - it so relaxes me.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:40 PM

Stunning!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by grammyp
Those are from Just Cross Stitch, aren't they? I made 2 in the series and started another. Really need to finish it up.
Actually the patterns are from different sources. The little boys room with all the toys came from Better Homes and Gardens Cross Stitch & Country Crafts July/Aug 93. the Beary Christmas is from Leisure Arts, the bear on the rockinghorse under the tree is from Leisure Arts 1989. The old fashion Santa and the three children pearing from around a tree to see Santa are from the Christmas Keepsakes book by Leisure Arts 1990. The deer and Santa's Workshop are from the bookChristmas Stockings in Cross-Stitch by Better Homes and Gardens and Cross Stitch & County Crafts. I couldn't find the pattern for the little girls room but I'm sure it came from Better Homes and Gardens also.

And while I looked for the above patterns, I found two other stocking patterns from Better Homes and Gardens that I had forgot I had. Guess I'm set for at least two more stockings!

And while I found
Old 12-07-2010, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by moonwolf47
Beautifully done! When eyes were better used to do counted cross stitch myself. Your stockings are terrific!
Thank you, I have found that at 62 these are easier to stitch if I work on them during daylight hours. So I carry the stitching with me to outdoor activities. It takes longer to complete a project but it's much easier on my eyes.