Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
craft sale--a bit disappointing >

craft sale--a bit disappointing

craft sale--a bit disappointing

Old 11-08-2008, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
I think the economy has people terrified right now. And I hope you try again at Easter time. Do they have spring sales near you? Your things look really nice. Did your photography sell? which pics?
Loretta...I will agree with you!
I don't really think people are spending much this year for the holidays.
To all of you that are doing craft shows/sales...my hats off to you. I know the work involved.
Keep up the great work.
Kirsten
Old 11-08-2008, 09:41 PM

Oh Karla, your table looked absolutely beautiful! Your quilting is so absolutely gorgeous, and you had everything displayed so nice, and first thing i noticed in your photos was nice big price tags, i always hate it when i look at something and i have to ask the price. Awe, i'm just surprised that you didnt sell more of your gorgeous little bookmarkers, they are so cute. I think it is the times though, you did an excellent job
Old 11-08-2008, 09:53 PM

Looks like you did everything right, it's just the times. Your work is beautiful, if possible try to do that sale that is about 40 min. away. Plan a little get away time for it. :D Thankfully gas prices are starting to go down. Love your pictures, especially the straw bales. You do such nice stuff.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:03 AM

Karla, your table looked great! And look at Mark there helping out too! :)
You did a great job with everything you made, and like I said before..you never know what will or will not sell.
And, just think....you have Christmas presents already made! lol
Everyone I know is getting a TOTE! lol
Old 11-09-2008, 05:39 AM
Power Poster

So sorry that it didn't go quite as well as you hoped Karla. Your things looked great on the table. I think that you just never know. You could do the same exact things the next day and you might have sold tons of stuff. I do think the economy has a lot to do with it right now. It is pretty scary... Glad you did sell some though!!
Old 11-09-2008, 06:20 AM

I'm sorry to hear you didn't sell as much as you would have liked. Your display looks beautiful!!!! I know I'm not buying much anymore....it is hard right now for some and the rest are scared it might be hard for them too soon. We aren't buying a single thing for Christmas this year....we are making all the gifts out of things we already have here.

Hugs

Old 11-09-2008, 10:10 AM

Karla, so sorry things were so slow for you ...I agree with what everyone is saying...you do such great work and I know the prices were great....I too am down to if I can't eat it or wear it I don't buy it. /Lets pray the times will get better and you will have another sale and have to take orders cause it all sale out....Good luck in the future...
Old 11-09-2008, 10:36 AM

Everything looked so beautiful. But it is the times. I too am haveing a hard time selling things . Some nibbles but no sales.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:07 AM

I knew I should have ridden my bike out to see you ;) Your display was amazing!!! I bet a lot of folks are still taking about your stuff.

Can you make a poster of your stuff/ or booth and put it at faculty rooms at work? Might drum up some Christmas sales?

You rock girl!

Angie
Old 11-09-2008, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Karla, I really like the photo with the hay bales. And I am certain you will sell more photos soon! When are you going to hang some beautiful quilts in the barn and photograph them? They would sell- especially if you also included a cute horse in the photo. Photograph the unusual combinations of objects!
Love that idea to take photos of the quilts in or on the barn and add some of the horses.....either in their jammies or come summer whent they are sleek. Can picture your barn quilt that way, ooh Karla do it :D