Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: Craftybear 1st Paper Piecing Block

  1. #1
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,668
    Blog Entries
    194
    My friend taught me how to paper piece today so I just made my 1st block at home all by myself.

    Wow, this was so much fun, thanks again Sharon for teaching me today during the snow storm.

    My First Paper Piece Block 2/15/2010
    Name:  Attachment-9294.jpe
Views: 42
Size:  6.2 KB

  2. #2
    Senior Member Dorothy of Kansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in my sewing room...
    Posts
    626
    Blog Entries
    7
    Way to go, Craftybear!! You did great!!! Keep going and make a wallhanging!!

  3. #3
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,668
    Blog Entries
    194
    Hi,

    Thanks was so much fun! Have you done paper piecing yet?

    Karen

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy of Kansas
    Way to go, Craftybear!! You did great!!! Keep going and make a wallhanging!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Dorothy of Kansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in my sewing room...
    Posts
    626
    Blog Entries
    7
    Yes, but only small things, nothing big. But it's so much fun and a good way to use up small pieces of fabric.

  5. #5
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,668
    Blog Entries
    194
    Hi,

    What types of small things have you made?

    Karen

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy of Kansas
    Yes, but only small things, nothing big. But it's so much fun and a good way to use up small pieces of fabric.

  6. #6
    Super Member Sharon M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    1,266
    Blog Entries
    1
    You did great job on your square, Karen! Keep up the work and you will be quilting it in no time. Especially if our weather doesn't perk up.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Forest Grove,OR
    Posts
    6,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    way to go. I have to learn to quilt before I can try everything else

  8. #8
    Dix
    Dix is offline
    Senior Member Dix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Okla.
    Posts
    599
    Blog Entries
    1
    Good job, I love the colors!

  9. #9
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    Good Job :thumbup: :D:D:D

  10. #10
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    19,993
    Great job!
    Now, do more and more and more and show us your finished quilt! :)

  11. #11
    Super Member MissTreated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N61 6.1839', W149 52.0138'
    Posts
    1,220
    Cool! I LOVE to paper piece!

  12. #12
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,668
    Blog Entries
    194
    Ok, I'm on the roll now this is my 2nd Paper Piecing Block!

    Wow, these are fun to make, thanks Sharon for helping me you are the Greatest! The camera makes it looked crooked but it is not! lol lol (crazy camera)

    2nd Paper Piece Block 2/15/2010
    Name:  Attachment-9308.jpe
Views: 10
Size:  7.3 KB

  13. #13
    Super Member BrendaB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    My friend taught me how to paper piece today so I just made my 1st block at home all by myself.

    Wow, this was so much fun, thanks again Sharon for teaching me today during the snow storm.
    Good job on your first paper pieced block. It is lovely. Looks like you are a quick learner, too. :-)

  14. #14
    Super Member BrendaB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    Ok, I'm on the roll now this is my 2nd Paper Piecing Block!

    Wow, these are fun to make, thanks Sharon for helping me you are the Greatest! The camera makes it looked crooked but it is not! lol lol (crazy camera)
    lol, keep it up. It won't be long until you have a quilt! :thumbup:

  15. #15
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,668
    Blog Entries
    194
    Hi,

    Thanks I just stopped sewing and have 4 done plus the one that Sharon showed me how to make them (so now 5) Yippeee!!!

    Wow they are addictive!


    Quote Originally Posted by BrendaB
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    Ok, I'm on the roll now this is my 2nd Paper Piecing Block!

    Wow, these are fun to make, thanks Sharon for helping me you are the Greatest! The camera makes it looked crooked but it is not! lol lol (crazy camera)
    lol, keep it up. It won't be long until you have a quilt! :thumbup:

  16. #16
    Super Member Gramof6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,357
    Love it! Wish I knew how to PP. One day I will learn. It is on my to do list. Great job you are doing. And what a wonderful way to use up sm pieces! How fun! Thank You for sharing.Keep up the great job. :thumbup:

  17. #17
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,668
    Blog Entries
    194
    Hi Gramof6

    It is so easy my friend Sharon showed me Monday night and I came home and made 4 of them. There is a tutorial here on the board that explains it real good.

    Karen

    Quote Originally Posted by Gramof6
    Love it! Wish I knew how to PP. One day I will learn. It is on my to do list. Great job you are doing. And what a wonderful way to use up sm pieces! How fun! Thank You for sharing.Keep up the great job. :thumbup:

  18. #18
    Super Member lisalovesquilting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,659
    Glad to see you are having so much fun. Your work looks great.

  19. #19
    Power Poster Jingle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Outside St. Louis
    Posts
    28,362
    You got it !!! They look great !!! Make a big quilt with them, it will be beautiful !!!

  20. #20
    jewelps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Joplin, MO
    Posts
    949
    you are doing good

  21. #21
    Super Member Feathers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    3,029
    Great job! Don't you just love it when you learn something new and have wonderful success the first time you try out the new knowledge or technique you just learned? Keep up the good work!

  22. #22
    Super Member belmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,874
    Great job You go girl....... Before you know it your going to have a whole quilt of them blocks, Good for you. Thank's for sharing.

  23. #23
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Mich.
    Posts
    1,400
    Congrats for learning to PP! I love it!

  24. #24
    Super Member blahel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Posts
    1,889
    Blog Entries
    16
    looks good! i recently did my first pp too and it wasnt as hard as i thought..

  25. #25
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,668
    Blog Entries
    194
    Yes, paper piecing is so much fun!

    Karen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.