Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Cross stitch quilt for my SIL

  1. #1
    Super Member sapdoggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    2,091
    Here it is, ready to be quilted.

    Sorry about the "extra" thread showing in the pictures. They just seem to keep popping up from the table even after dusting and sweeping.

    I made this for my SIL and will be taking it to be machine quilted.

  2. #2
    Super Member kwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North East USA
    Posts
    5,048
    Picture??

  3. #3
    Super Member sapdoggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    2,091
    Working on it - my files don't want to attach. Be back soon. :cry: :cry: :cry:

  4. #4
    Super Member sapdoggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    2,091
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdoggie
    Here it is, ready to be quilted.

    Sorry about the "extra" thread showing in the pictures. They just seem to keep popping up from the table even after dusting and sweeping.

    I made this for my SIL and will be taking it to be machine quilted.
    Pictures went to computer La La Land. Let's try again.
    Attached Images Attached Images



  5. #5
    Super Member sapdoggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    2,091
    Here are some more pics- Let's see if I do it better this time.
    Attached Images Attached Images



  6. #6
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Seacoast New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,073
    One of you must be a fan of Mary Englebreit! I love her designs! Cross stitch is another one of my favorite things to do.

    Nice job on the quilt, too. :-)

  7. #7
    Super Member sapdoggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    2,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfli19
    One of you must be a fan of Mary Englebreit! I love her designs! Cross stitch is another one of my favorite things to do.

    Nice job on the quilt, too. :-)

    Thanks. My SIL is the fan. I like way too many things to be a fan of just one thing.

  8. #8
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    It is so pretty, love the cross stitch blocks :D :D :D

  9. #9
    Super Member Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pine Grove, California
    Posts
    2,846
    Just love Mary Engelbriet!
    Pretty quilt!

  10. #10
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    All that cross stitching!!!! Wow - how long did it take??? I love it!

  11. #11
    Super Member kwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North East USA
    Posts
    5,048
    Nice

  12. #12
    Super Member sapdoggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    2,091
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    All that cross stitching!!!! Wow - how long did it take??? I love it!
    Thank you.

    I've been working on it for about a year. There were actually 6 squares be done, but I decided to only use 4. My eyes wore out before my fingers.

  13. #13
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,958
    Beautiful. Your stitching is wonderful. She is going to love it.

  14. #14
    Super Member sapdoggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    2,091
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdoggie
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdoggie
    Here it is, ready to be quilted.

    Sorry about the "extra" thread showing in the pictures. They just seem to keep popping up from the table even after dusting and sweeping.

    I made this for my SIL and will be taking it to be machine quilted.
    Pictures went to computer La La Land. Let's try again.
    Dropped the quilt off to be machine quilted today. Hope it is finished before the 23rd, so I can get it to my DSIL by the 27th( her birthday)

  15. #15
    *QuilterWannabee*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    595
    I love those teapots! Darling. Neat quilt.

  16. #16
    Super Member jbsstrawberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    3,326
    Beautifully cross stitched!! It's very pretty.

  17. #17
    Debbie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Roseburg, Oregon
    Posts
    2,279
    Really pretty - Love the cross stitching!

  18. #18
    Power Poster MadQuilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    ELVERTA, CA
    Posts
    15,178
    Blog Entries
    1
    That's pretty.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    Great Job. I love it. Was the cross stitch already on the fabric or did you have to iron it on?

  20. #20
    Super Member sapdoggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    2,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevanger
    Great Job. I love it. Was the cross stitch already on the fabric or did you have to iron it on?
    Thanks. I had fun with them. They were a set I bought already stamped. I still have two left that I may make into pillows at a later date.
    Right now, I am working on three baby/kids sets for my grandsons.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdoggie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevanger
    Great Job. I love it. Was the cross stitch already on the fabric or did you have to iron it on?
    Thanks. I had fun with them. They were a set I bought already stamped. I still have two left that I may make into pillows at a later date.
    Right now, I am working on three baby/kids sets for my grandsons.
    So cool. You did an awesome job. You should be proud :D :thumbup:

  22. #22
    Super Member sapdoggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    2,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevanger
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdoggie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevanger
    Great Job. I love it. Was the cross stitch already on the fabric or did you have to iron it on?
    Thanks. I had fun with them. They were a set I bought already stamped. I still have two left that I may make into pillows at a later date.
    Right now, I am working on three baby/kids sets for my grandsons.
    So cool. You did an awesome job. You should be proud :D :thumbup:
    Thank you. I am pleased with the outcome and can't wait to see it quilted.

    Thank you to everyone who has left such encouraging comments. It makes me want to continue working through the "goofs".

  23. #23
    Senior Member motomom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aledo, TX
    Posts
    672
    Beautiful!

  24. #24
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    That's gorgeous!!

  25. #25
    Super Member JoanneS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    AZ and CT
    Posts
    4,884
    Blog Entries
    1
    Love your quilt, AND i'M IN AWE. :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D I'm a Mary Engelbreitt fan, too. People marvel at the patience they think my quilting takes - they obviously don't know what REALLY takes patience:cross-stitching. :wink: To me, quilting is relaxation 8) - nothing to do with patience. :?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.