Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Crown Royal Quilt

Senior Member Chester the bunny's Avatar
    What a beautiful quilt. I love the pattern that you used!
    Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.
    Edmund Burke

Blog Entries
    Oreo 1912.first I'd like to say this is a gorgeous piece of work. the quilting is top-notched. I was gifted last year a giant trash bag full of those bags. There was more purple ones but a few green ones and one red one I do believe. It was a collections from a few years back. Then the gentlemen that gifted them to me show snap-shots of other quilts that was crafted by his late Aunt. They were beautiful also, they all make-up into beautiful art no matter which pattern you use. Thanks for all of your crafting tips, I will keep them in mind when I start one. Oh, I shared the gift with the other ladies of my quilting group that wanted some.

cherryb

Didnít even know it was a thing to make quilts out of the CR bags. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
    Didn’t even know it was a thing to make quilts out of the CR bags. Good job.
    Doesn’t seem to be the craze like it was a few years ago. This lay out of the bags is one of the best I’ve seen.

beautiful quilting. Great idea to make use of those bags.

I agree that this lay out is one of the best I've seen. And the quilting is over the top; it's makes the quilt. I have quilted three of these for my niece, who is not a quilter,( need I say more)and the whole bags were appliqued on, and I use the term loosely, with drawstrings and grommets intact. One was the purple bags(horrible fabric) with machine embrodiered (sp) writing in the 18 inch blocks of names and nicknames. And the other was green bags even a Christmas stocking about 15 inches long as the center and she didn't want any quilting on it, with embrodiery again and names. And to top it off, it was done on broadcloth! But she loved them. And she doesn't drink, either; but she knew someone who owned a store that sold plenty of it.
    Jan

I'm glad to know I don't have to drink all that Royal Crown to get the bags! Think I'd be too tipsy to ever get the quilt done.
    Good to know you can buy them on ebay!!
    Absolutely love your quilt!

Your quilt is very beautiful; but I would worry that those bags are going to bleed like crazy on the first wash!
    Has it been washed since you finished it?
    If not, wash it and let us know how it turns out! Thanks! =)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2