Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 121

Thread: Cute bag with a neat folding technique

  1. #26
    Senior Member marscrafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    444
    That's really cute, it would be adorable for Christmas present holding too.

  2. #27
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by marscrafter
    That's really cute, it would be adorable for Christmas present holding too.
    As a gift bag. Yes, it would!

  3. #28
    Super Member vivoaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Beaver PA USA
    Posts
    1,671
    Cute!!! I haven't seen one like that before. Very nice! :thumbup:

  4. #29
    Super Member I go To The Sea To Breathe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Sioux City, SD
    Posts
    1,729
    Blog Entries
    3
    did you have a pattern for this bag? very cute.

  5. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, Washingrton
    Posts
    430
    Blog Entries
    1
    I like it

  6. #31
    Super Member SandyinZ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southeast Idaho
    Posts
    3,154
    Blog Entries
    9
    I looked it up and here is the pattern but beware...there are ads and I think you have to sign up. I must have already signed up because I got right in. Looks like a cute design.

    http://www.free-quilting.com/list.ht...129&cat_id=434

  7. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern alberta
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by akisan
    I like it

    Me too!!!!

  8. #33
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
    I looked it up and here is the pattern but beware...there are ads and I think you have to sign up. I must have already signed up because I got right in. Looks like a cute design.

    http://www.free-quilting.com/list.ht...129&cat_id=434
    This pattern is for a basket. Mine has hidden pockets on the side. Not the same....

  9. #34
    Super Member SandyinZ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southeast Idaho
    Posts
    3,154
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by np3
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
    I looked it up and here is the pattern but beware...there are ads and I think you have to sign up. I must have already signed up because I got right in. Looks like a cute design.

    http://www.free-quilting.com/list.ht...129&cat_id=434
    This pattern is for a basket. Mine has hidden pockets on the side. Not the same....
    OOps...sorry. Just trying to be helpful and got confused...easy to do anymore for me. :-( Just ignore my previous post everyone, please.

  10. #35
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
    Quote Originally Posted by np3
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
    I looked it up and here is the pattern but beware...there are ads and I think you have to sign up. I must have already signed up because I got right in. Looks like a cute design.

    http://www.free-quilting.com/list.ht...129&cat_id=434
    This pattern is for a basket. Mine has hidden pockets on the side. Not the same....
    OOps...sorry. Just trying to be helpful and got confused...easy to do anymore for me. :-( Just ignore my previous post everyone, please.
    You found a cute pattern!!!

  11. #36
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    9,329
    It is cute.

  12. #37
    Senior Member Quilted Dogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Square NY
    Posts
    865
    Quote Originally Posted by np3
    Just started making these bags. I'm working on a way to make the pocket fabric show on the inside too.
    Idea.....how about just flipping the point of the flap up with a button or sew a piece of the cord like a rose and flip it up a little

  13. #38
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilted Dogs
    Quote Originally Posted by np3
    Just started making these bags. I'm working on a way to make the pocket fabric show on the inside too.
    Idea.....how about just flipping the point of the flap up with a button or sew a piece of the cord like a rose and flip it up a little
    We talked about doing that. It will show about an inch or so. But when you have a really cute companion fabric, it is nice to shoe more of it. Both the outside of the bag and the inside of the bag is the same fabric. Only the pocket has the companion.

  14. #39
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,266
    Relly do like the bag. Am waiting for the tute.

  15. #40
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    3,226
    Very cute. :lol:

  16. #41
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,232
    Cute!

  17. #42

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3
    I would love to see this tutorial- AWESOME

  18. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Albion, Michigan
    Posts
    74
    Blog Entries
    1
    I love to make bags and this would be a great one to add to my collection. Thanks

  19. #44
    Senior Member Candy Apple Quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    618
    Love it! Can't wait to see the tutorial for this! :D

  20. #45
    Super Member Yarn or Fabric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,393
    Someone made me a bag just like that - and I love it. I have pockets on the inside. I never looked under the flap to see if there was a pocket too ... nope, mine are on the inside. I bet she folded it a little wrong. I use it to hold some crochet hooks, my scissors and some fluff for stuffing my dolls when I make them.

    Here is the tutorial that the person who made it for me used. It's an origami bag.
    http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2009/...th-fabric.html

  21. #46
    Junior Member SueN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    245
    Blog Entries
    29
    I've made several of these bags, plus taught a workshop at our guild. They are fun, easy, and everyone (almost) completed her bag during the workshop. If you want the pocket fabric to show on the outside, cut the outside fabric smaller than the pocket fabric and then sew a border with the pocket fabric (or other accent fabric) to get it back to the same size.

  22. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    472
    Love the bag. Would make great gifts
    LC

  23. #48
    Super Member Arleners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Stony Brook, NY
    Posts
    1,213
    Very nice. I like using the cording to close the top. I make the same pattern but add rings to the side and make a strap so it can be a shoulder bag. If you make it bigger, it makes a nice diaper bag too.

    Have you tried using striped fabric for the outer layer? They really come out nice.

  24. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    105
    That's just darling!!!

  25. #50
    Super Member laurafet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,992
    Put this tute up back in January.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-87047-1.htm

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.