Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Dee Dee's sampler....Quilted by Charisma >

Dee Dee's sampler....Quilted by Charisma

Dee Dee's sampler....Quilted by Charisma

Old 04-18-2011, 10:32 PM

Another outstanding Duo..... :thumbup:
Old 04-18-2011, 11:10 PM

Beautiful sampler Dee Dee! And of course Charisma's quilting leaves me breathless. I am such a fan. It is my dream to do a quilt nice enough to send to Charisma to quilt for me.
God bless you both.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:57 AM

Beautiful colors and the quilting is gorgeous.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LindaM
Another amazing finish!

Can I also say THANK YOU for all of the explanations of why you're putting different designs where you are - you're a great teacher :)
AGREE!! I love the technical details and reading about the whys and hows that quilters do things. Especially the LAers because I am such a newbee still and it helps me progress as well.

I also love that Charisma posts what kind of batting she used and the technique (freehand, as opposed to panto or computer generated). Before I could spot the difference of CG quilting and freehand by a photo it was very discouraging to see CG quilt photos and the poster didn't specify. All I could do is look and say to myself there is no way I will ever get my motifs to be so perfectly spaced and sized like that or be able to travel without wavering off the first stitched line not even the teeniest bit. Now I know when I do see perfectly symmetric designs I know they were drawn and machine driven by a computer not a person.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:46 AM

Charisma, your quilting is a work of art.The quilt is gorgeous no doubt, but your quilting just amazes me.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Originally Posted by LindaM
Another amazing finish!

Can I also say THANK YOU for all of the explanations of why you're putting different designs where you are - you're a great teacher :)
AGREE!! I love the technical details and reading about the whys and hows that quilters do things. Especially the LAers because I am such a newbee still and it helps me progress as well.

I also love that Charisma posts what kind of batting she used and the technique (freehand, as opposed to panto or computer generated). Before I could spot the difference of CG quilting and freehand by a photo it was very discouraging to see CG quilt photos and the poster didn't specify. All I could do is look and say to myself there is no way I will ever get my motifs to be so perfectly spaced and sized like that or be able to travel without wavering off the first stitched line not even the teeniest bit. Now I know when I do see perfectly symmetric designs I know they were drawn and machine driven by a computer not a person.
Well I actually didn't realize that people wanted to know how I quilted a design until Feline started asking and I think there was a thread about it.
SO that begun my "mini" lessons. Sometimes I can tell how I quilted a design techincally...since I do everything freehand without a computer..such as ruler work, golden threads paper, chalk ect.

Sometimes trying to explain why I designed something a certain way is hard....or why I put a certain design in a certain area..for me it is usually about intuition. I have to say that I am still learning everyday as well. I am pushed and prodded and sometimes other people see things I don't. I always love to look at or hear how other people interpret a quilt.
This is why we are here on these boards. We all learn from each other.

I never hesitate to help someone who needs me to help them and I don't ever feel like it is a burden.
Thanks for responding to my posts!
Old 04-19-2011, 10:58 AM

Stunning.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:28 PM

I always love looking at your pictures. This quilt is beautifully quilting...as usual. But, I've got to ask, Charisma, do you ever sleep? You must be quilting ALL the time. I'm not complaining, because I look forward to seeing your work.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:38 PM

Thank you all for the compliments about my piecing and choice of colors. But the star is Charisma. She produces a work of art. I am so anxious for it to arrive!
Old 04-23-2011, 04:23 AM

This is as beautiful as I have ever seen. I love her colors and the leaf is precious. Your quilt adds so much to any quilt. I bet she keeps it forever.