Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Denman Island

Living the dream. Part of the year in the east and part of the year in the west
    Quilt blocks for Pam to see and my other quilt

I will try to attach

Block and triangles that make up the other block of the quilt
    Name:  Attachment-6032.jpe
Views: 81
Size:  37.0 KB

Eric's quilt
    Name:  Attachment-6068.jpe
Views: 76
Size:  61.0 KB

WOW! Those are impressive! Are they paper pieced?

I really like your use of colors as well. Good work!

Thank you yes they are-I am a new quilter(1 yr) and paper piecing took the sense of intimidation out of something I wanted to do my whole life!!

I love the quilt on your Avatar

They are awesome....

Gorgeous! You've obviously mastered paper piecing! I really love your fabrics too!

Thank you--most of the fabrics were picked up at Thrift Stores!!

Thanks the patterns are Carol Doak's and the fabrics are mostly from Thrift Stores

Hey love your quilt!

I about fell off my chair who' when I saw "Denman Island" in the topic. Been over 45 years since I was there. Used to go often - my step-dad worked for Canadian Fishing Co. and we spent a lot of time up and down around and through the area. Loved it there - Beautiful!!!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful handy work - and for bringing back some very old memories.

Thank you
    We've been on Denman in the winter since 2005 when we built here--beats the Ontario winters. We are going to be hitting the road in a 25 ft trailer soon for a few years and are hoping our house here sells even though we love it here. Too much of North America that we haven't seen and the trailer is set up so I can still quilt!!!

Very pretty! The perfect points in paper piecing (say that fast!) really are striking. I have a star sampler rumbling aeound in the back of my head, and I think it will use some blocks using that method.

Good job!

Looking forward to seeing your sampler

Blog Entries
    WOW...WOW!!! I'm very impressed..I'm absolutely going to HAVE to learn to paper piece. Your blocks and quilts are beautiful...newbie or not~ :thumbup:

Very pretty! The perfect points in paper piecing (say that fast!) really are striking. I have a star sampler rumbling aeound in the back of my head, and I think it will use some blocks using that method.

Good job!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wow!! That's taking quilting to a whole new level. Just amazing. :shock:

Thanks for sharing your masterpieces. :D

This forum is amazing--Thanks for the feedback--We have friends in Canadaiqua --our children and their children played in the Friendship games between Canadaiqua and Midland Ontario--are you near there as I know Canadaiqua is On one of the Finger Lakes?

Thanks for the close up photos. I just knew they would be as amazing up close. They are so neat!! Great job! Love the other quilts too. Thrift stores can be a good source of material if you hit it just right! Thanks again for posting the close up. It really helped me to see what was going on better.

Pam

Beautiful work!! Glad you joined our group, everyone is so nice here with lots of info to share. Thanks for the great pictures. Happy traveling :thumbup:

I have tried and tried to do paper piecing, I have had no luck, that is an outstanding job. I just love your quilt. The thrift stores here never have fabric like that......... great job :D

Thank you Ruth--I found it easy but then I am totally intimidated at the moment with quilting without paperpiecing!!
    Tricky

WOW.. you did a FABULOUS JOB!!!! I to was intimidated by paper piecing.. and then my light bulb went off and I to have mastered it!

Congrates and WELCOME!

Wow, nice job, Tricky! I, too, love to paper piece. Right now I'm working on one, half the blocks are paper pieced, and I'm at the painful part of ripping off the paper. It's a little dull....

M

What kind of paper do you use for your paper piecing. I am using a light weight computer paper as I haven't found anyplace that sells foundation paper in bulk??

Yes taking the paper off is a drag but I have found if I do it while I'm watching TV with my husband it isn't as onerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky
    This forum is amazing--Thanks for the feedback--We have friends in Canadaiqua --our children and their children played in the Friendship games between Canadaiqua and Midland Ontario--are you near there as I know Canadaiqua is On one of the Finger Lakes?
    We were in Canadaiqua this spring. Had a wonderful old Pub with food good enough to remember 6 months later! Make your way to Utah and I can help you great things. Sara

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast