Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Didn't we have a great turn out today!!!! >

Didn't we have a great turn out today!!!!

Didn't we have a great turn out today!!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Izy

I finally remembered to take my camera with me to our meeting today, I thought all our members who have donated fabrics to our group, would like to see some faces...I haven't distributed the fabrics yet...thats next weeks fun!!

Cathy - Have a look a Jacque opening her lovely gift that you sent over for her!!!!

Doestn't she look pleased!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11114[/ATTACH]

This is Jacque with her lovely gift from Cathy m - its a beautiful patchwork pillow with lots of embroidery and embellishments
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11115[/ATTACH]

This is Elle getting to grips with her latest quilt!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11116[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-11114.jpe   attachment-11115.jpe   attachment-11116.jpe  
Old 06-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Izy

and theres more!!

This is Jacque finishing off her chenille bag!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11111[/ATTACH]

If you look, I think its lunch time!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11112[/ATTACH]

This is Susie, starting off a beautiful lace butterfly, this is a new technique she is learning!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11117[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-11111.jpe   attachment-11112.jpe   attachment-11117.jpe  
Old 06-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Izy

and theres more!!

Check out Helens amazing embroidery skills, these are all original designs, she used to be an artist, and has now turned her skills into beautiful 'one off' 3D embroidery's.!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-46087.jpe   attachment-46166.jpe   attachment-46176.jpe  
Old 06-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Izy

Isn't it annoying how it jumbles up the order of the pictures grrrrrhhh!!

Never mind - heres a few more!!

Terri - Do you recognize those fish Kath has used on her wallhanging????

And another one!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66023[/ATTACH]

Just a wild flower I like, growing in the countryside surrounding our villa!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66197[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-46126.jpe   attachment-66018.jpe   attachment-66192.jpe  
Old 06-03-2008, 09:04 AM

Beautiful pictures - the pink flower looks like an old fashioned hollyhock, and the other is a poppy. Your friends all look so talented!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by Loretta
Tell Helen her embroidery is really beautiful. Does she digitize it herself? I am thrilled to see it! so beautiful!
Loretta - She just sketches a simple design, then draws it on tissue paper, stitches through the tissue to the backing silk, then rips the tissue away!!
All the other detail is done purely from her head as she goes along, it takes her simply ages, I think she has been on this project for about six months. - Her last project took years to finish, if you go on our website you will see some more of her work...its outstanding!!

http://www.perianastitchers.net

p.s. I was taking all the pictures....you really don't need to see my ugly mug lol!!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:24 AM

Hi Izy
I have just seen the photos on the website to Cathy. What can I say, thank you so very much, you are a star. I want to thank you so very much for telling Cathy about me, is there anyway I can thank her, I did try and look up her name but muy muy mas! Maybe when I go back to UK in September, I could send her something. Please thank her a million. Now I have got about 4 UFO´s. Once the handbag is finished I shall start on the pillow and I really liked your idea of using all the larger pieces into a bedspread or something. So thanks for the idea. I think I am abit lacking in the ideas section. Well the brain cell dfoes get a bit tired!! Anyway Izy bless you for thinking of me ( it´s given me such a boost, I can´t tell you, well I am trying) So look forward to seeing you next week

Keeeeep stitching
love and hugs Jacqueline
Old 06-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by Moonpi
Beautiful pictures - the pink flower looks like an old fashioned hollyhock, and the other is a poppy. Your friends all look so talented!
Yes moonpi, you are correct about the flowers, it is sooo lovely to find them in the nature form, we have wild gladiolas, primulas, orchids, so many I can't name here are a few I have taken in the last year or so!!

This is one of my favourite wild flowers - a huge thistle - being Scottish by birth I have a special liking for the flower - but not the huge prickles on them!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11125[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-11125.jpe   attachment-46179.jpe   attachment-46181.jpe  
Old 06-03-2008, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Check out Helens amazing embroidery skills, these are all original designs, she used to be an artist, and has now turned her skills into beautiful 'one off' 3D embroidery's.!!
WOW! Everyone looks to be having a lot of fun! Lots & lots of smiles :D
And I don't think Helen USED to be an artist - she IS an artist!!! LOL ALL of you are artists!!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by jacqueline
Hi Izy
I have just seen the photos on the website to Cathy. What can I say, thank you so very much, you are a star. I want to thank you so very much for telling Cathy about me, is there anyway I can thank her, I did try and look up her name but muy muy mas! Maybe when I go back to UK in September, I could send her something. Please thank her a million. Now I have got about 4 UFO´s. Once the handbag is finished I shall start on the pillow and I really liked your idea of using all the larger pieces into a bedspread or something. So thanks for the idea. I think I am abit lacking in the ideas section. Well the brain cell dfoes get a bit tired!! Anyway Izy bless you for thinking of me ( it´s given me such a boost, I can´t tell you, well I am trying) So look forward to seeing you next week

Keeeeep stitching
love and hugs Jacqueline
Jacque - You are more than welcome, Cathy will read what you have written here!! She knows how pleased you are - you can see it in your face!! :D :D