Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Do you know this block? >

Do you know this block?

Do you know this block?

Old 02-15-2008, 07:55 AM

Shadow Dancer- I've told you this before, but it SOOO needs to be repeated... you have an incredible gift of colors and quilting. Yet another stunning quilt :):) Thanks for the picture and inspiration!
Old 02-15-2008, 02:29 PM

Shadow Dancer your quilt is gorgeous!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 05:36 AM

Hey
I was websurfing and found this layout. Paisley Lover's Knot. It looks like there are several blocks called True Lover's Knot. This layout looks good.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1486703541036559759UOlouR
Kay
Old 02-21-2008, 11:37 AM

Aggi - I love your leaves quilt! The points are beautifully done and it looks cozy.

Okay, I needed something to make for hubby for Valentine's Day, my budget being a bit tight and all. The original block that started this thread really sparked something in me. I managed to get the top (all four units :roll: ) done in time for Valentine's Day and I plan to quilt it sometime this coming week. I would have posted a picture sooner but I was busy with the stomach flu and migraines all last week. It fits the table next to his recliner perfectly, a happy surprise. I have to say, I was surprised at how much he really likes it. I overheard him on the phone to a few people bragging that I made him something special for Valentine's. He seemed to really like the name of the block, True Lover's Knot. 8) Thank you to whoever posted this block originally. You really helped to make my Valentine's Day a bit more special!
~Tiffany
Attached Thumbnails attachment-50510.jpe  
Old 02-24-2008, 02:45 PM

You're welcome, Tiff :-)

I love what you did with it! Isn't it great to have a Hubby that appreciates what we make? Mine is just that way also :)
Old 02-24-2008, 03:33 PM

Yeah, together they make love in quite the quilt ways enchanting. I love the Celtic, and wonder if any of you have thoughts to quilting ‘Leonardo’s knot’ as such, or any fashion similar? I’ve a lute with this knot and have been pondering its prospect for quite some time:

“And there they tied,
in a true lovers knot
the red rose and the briar.”- (from) Barbara Ellen.

Not my lute, but the same knot.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7089[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-7089.jpe  
Old 02-25-2008, 07:53 PM

Location: Living the dream. Part of the year in the east and part of the year in the west

What a neat quilt when all put together!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:43 PM

I went ahead and picked up fabric for the block today though I'm unsure now if I got enough for the larger block shown on the cache. I'm going to go ahead and put together a two tone version like Tiffany did, but in yellow and chocolate.

Tiffany, did you simply downsize the joining strips (between blocks) to equal the size for the rest of the pattern?
Old 02-27-2008, 01:32 AM

Got the first of four sewn (all material cut). Man is this one big honkin' block! I've really too much work already, but I just couldn't resist, I liked it so much. It should make a very handsome lap quilt when I'm finished. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:51 PM

Shadow dancer, that is a BEAUTIFUL quilt. Thanks for sharing it, and for the valuable info. :D