Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: doll clothes

Several months ago I got a pattern and started working on doll clothes for my Gd. Money was tight this year so I had to be creative as far as gifts go. So I used scraps from quilts and made her dolls a wardrobe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Oh vicki!!! those are adorable!!! Your DGD is going to love these :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    What a lucky little girl!!! That's quite a wardrobe!! you do good work Grandma! :)

My Home Ec teacher would have been proud. Each outfit took almost a half a day from start to finish. About as long as a real outfit.

Blog Entries
    I forgot to say these would be awesome baby clothes!!! You are a wonderful seamstress :D:D:D

Banned
    Oh my! she will be tickled pink!

I also embellished a tote bag that I found at JoAnnes. It has a doll face with brown pig tales. I used a cd for the circle size. Then I fused a piece of pink floral fabric to the bag spelling out her name (ashely). I had to zig zag around the letters. About all the fuible stuff did was hold it in place long enough for me to stitch them in place.

Vicki,
    You did a smashing job!! So neatly sewn. Your little dgd's gonna love those darling doll clothes. I love the scale of the prints on the dresses. Just right!

I bet she will treasure these always because you made them.

Blog Entries
    oh those are so darling ,wow all make by grandma a beauitful and special gift,s love it

Those are so precious! What a wonderful gift for your little gd.

She's going to be such a happy little girl! They're beautiful Vicki :)

those are all just so precious. is that your house in your avatar? if so, it's so beautiful and the landscaping & trees are so pretty too, it's lovely.
    donna

Vicki, those are all so cute. Isn't it fun to make doll clothes? I get so caught up in them that I know I could get them done faster if I wasn't trying to be a fashion designer. Sometimes they do take just as long as a regular outfit. Good job!

She will LOVE them - they are so cute!

Blog Entries
    Wonderful and so creative. GD will LOVE them!

Blog Entries
    Cute.

Those are awesome doll clothes Vickie! I need to get a pattern to make some doll clothes for my DGDs I am making them doll quilts for their babies for christmas.

Now I would like to see the dolls dressed in their new clothes. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Fritzy
    Vicki, those are all so cute. Isn't it fun to make doll clothes? I get so caught up in them that I know I could get them done faster if I wasn't trying to be a fashion designer. Sometimes they do take just as long as a regular outfit. Good job!
    That is so true about them taking as long as "real" clothes"! My problem is the embellishments. I am trying to make each outfit look a little different since the dresses all came from the same pattern. So I spend ages hunting lace or other notions tat I have stashed and then promptly lost! LOL

Banned
    Awwww those are so cute. She's gonna love them

Vicki: Great job on the doll clothes. I wanted to make some for my 2 DGDs this year, but time got away from me. Doll clothes are on my To Do list for next year though. Years ago, when I had no money for Christmas gifts, I made them for my DD's cabage patch dolls. I made matching outfits for my DD too. They are fun to make, but very time consuming. You really made a lot of them. Your GD will be so happy.

Linda

Linda: Thaks for the kind words. GD has 2 Baby Alives and one Cabbage Patch. I am going to try a different pattern this week as I am afraid that the doll clothes that have been made may not fit the CB doll. This pattern shows a chubbier baby on it. It was on sale at Hancocks last week for $2.00.

My old cabbage patch clothes pattern was one that my aunt created on tissue paper from an infant dress and pair of pants (like the old rubber pants cover ups with ruffles on the butt.) and each one had a matching bonnet. And then I copied her pattern onto news paper. I just got a little creative like you and added different embellishments. I made my own pattern for a pair of long pants, and then I added a bib to the front and shoulder straps to the back for bib overalls for her boy doll. Gee I had forgotten all about that creative talent I used to have.

This year for one of my DGD's Christmas presents, I have taken her mommy's (my DD) baby doll cradle and made a new mattress pad and pillow along with a quilt w/a matching pillow case. It came out so cute. I will definitely have to dust off my doll clothes making skills. And see what I can come up with.

She's gonna love them Vicki. My very fondest, most favorite Christmas memory was when I was about 7 or 8 and my mom made me a HUGE (Redwing work boot) Box jammed over-full with handmade Barbie clothes. It was so very special! You've created a lasting Christmas memory for your little darlin GD!!

Those are so cute. What a gift to keep and treasure. My Grama made barbie doll clothes. My oldest sister still has them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast