Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Downy Charity Quilts for kids - Includes Link to Free Kits - >

Downy Charity Quilts for kids - Includes Link to Free Kits -

Downy Charity Quilts for kids - Includes Link to Free Kits -

Old 03-26-2010, 04:43 PM

I completed a quilt several weeks ago and sent it back. Have not heard from them. I was under the impression an email would be sent when it arrived. Just wondering if the finished product was not up to their standard. Does anyone have a thought?
Old 03-26-2010, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by TexasGranny
I completed a quilt several weeks ago and sent it back. Have not heard from them. I was under the impression an email would be sent when it arrived. Just wondering if the finished product was not up to their standard. Does anyone have a thought?
I don't know about that but I did get an e-mail from them cause I have not sent mine back yet. I got the kit beginning of Jan. I've had to hold off a little on the quilting part because of shoulder issues. Hope to get it and 2 others done this week. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Old 03-26-2010, 09:20 PM

I just finished my Downy quilt. I fell in love with the bright colors and cute fabric that was sent in the kit. I just couldn't resist calling it "Posh Galoshes" because of the pretty rain boots! This was so much fun. I can't wait to do another one!

"Posh Galoshes" Downy Quilts for Kids
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32092[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-32092.jpe  
Old 03-27-2010, 02:56 AM

That turned out really cute too. I do love the fabrics and bright colors they put into their kits.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:10 AM

I think this is the best idea for charity I have seen form a company yet.

Rachel
Old 03-27-2010, 03:42 AM

I agree...And my DH just can't believe that they send you the fabric without wanting any $$. I told him that if you are a quilter you aren't gonna stiff the people like that, you signed up because you enjoy doing it and it's nice to help at the same time.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:06 AM

Great job! The people who choose the fabrics, colors, etc.for these quilts do a wonderful job and the fabric is cut so precisely, which makes these quilts so easy to put together! I wonder where they obtain the fabric?
Old 03-27-2010, 06:52 AM

Joann your quilt turned out so cute, I bet it made you smile as you were working on it and love the name you gave it.

For the 1st time in over a week I actually worked on a UFO project this morning, feels good to be back doing what I love.
As I stated in a earlier post we had a sad event in our family last saturday and I just felt empty but I am actually starting to feel human again.Thank-you for all the encouraging words I recieved from some of my quilt buds.
dee
Old 03-27-2010, 07:40 AM

Jim's Gem,
I'm behind on sending my quilt back, too. The top is made and I just need to finish it up and do the one from my stash, but life got in the way. Guess I'd better get back with it.
:oops:
Old 03-29-2010, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by TexasGranny
I would love to know this also...I don't want to start the ones I have lined up to do from my stash if the one I sent isn't acceptable. Also, don't want to order another kit and be told "no"...would rather they would tell me before I ordered.