Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Dresden Plate - in progress... >

Dresden Plate - in progress...

Dresden Plate - in progress...

Old 02-23-2012, 03:45 PM

I like the blue as well, and love your quilt inspector!
Old 02-23-2012, 04:04 PM

Becca, what a transformation! You have "honored" this quilt magnificently! Just love the double blue sashing. This really inspires me and I will keep this in mind for the future that I can do the same. So often we run across "tops" that are unfinished. Just by simply changing the sashing, you have really transformed it into something spectacular! Good Job and great choice for the color.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by 117becca View Post
My goal is to be able to finish quilts for people who want them hand-quilted. 'Cept that I don't have any samples of my hand quilting at home - just pictures. These quilt tops that our mothers and grandmothers have made need to be finished and honored. I came across this Dresden Plate at an antique store and I didn't like the green border, so I took it off, separated the blocks and added blue sashing. Last nite I got one row done to give me an idea of what this will look like and I wanted to share. I'll probably add a wider white border after the blue to get the quilt to fit my queen size bed.

The first picture is w/ the green that was originally on the quilt top - there was also no sashing between the blocks. The green (to me) is the wrong shade of green. I'm a blue girl, so I changed the sashing to blue. Then, of course, there's the local quilt inspector, Lady Grace on my current project.
I like green, but your blue looks so much nicer. Blue just seems to go with Dresden Plate. How large are your blocks? I made another one last spring and made the blocks too large (20 In.). The top is still in the drawer unfinished. Guess I was disappointed in the way it looked. Some day--------maybe. Marge L.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:22 PM

Much prettier with the blue. Good choice - good eye ! Cute inspector.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Power Poster

Love what you did with the sashing. Your color and 9P corners finish this beauty perfectly. A proud moment for you. I call this a success. Lady Grace is a beauty too!
peace

Edit: I didn't notice at first but I love your "vintage" 5 panel doors. I say vintage 'cause most people are getting rid of these wonderful doors and replacing them with not nearly as nice modern doors. Just saying IMHO, I love them!

Last edited by ube quilting; 02-23-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:01 PM

Very lovely! I like the woven look the checkerboard cornerstones add. The perfect finishing touch!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:53 PM

Beautiful job.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:56 PM

I like the blue.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:59 PM

Really a beautiful quilt.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by 117becca View Post
My goal is to be able to finish quilts for people who want them hand-quilted. 'Cept that I don't have any samples of my hand quilting at home - just pictures. These quilt tops that our mothers and grandmothers have made need to be finished and honored. I came across this Dresden Plate at an antique store and I didn't like the green border, so I took it off, separated the blocks and added blue sashing. Last nite I got one row done to give me an idea of what this will look like and I wanted to share. I'll probably add a wider white border after the blue to get the quilt to fit my queen size bed.

The first picture is w/ the green that was originally on the quilt top - there was also no sashing between the blocks. The green (to me) is the wrong shade of green. I'm a blue girl, so I changed the sashing to blue. Then, of course, there's the local quilt inspector, Lady Grace on my current project.
the blue made the blocks look just purr-fect.