Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
embroidered wall hanging >

embroidered wall hanging

embroidered wall hanging

Old 04-08-2023, 04:13 PM

Default embroidered wall hanging

I used to make small wall hangings for my mom's door when she was in assisted living. She passed away last September. I took a class from Zandra Shaw and got the design in the class. I wanted to make something with it so I made a wall hanging. I hung it in memory of my mom and her teaching me to sew.
Attached Thumbnails resized952023040895185814.jpg  
Old 04-08-2023, 05:24 PM

That is such a sweet thought. It's neat to think that every time you look at it, you will be reminded of your mother. It is very pretty. My mother is in Assisted Living. I need to do the same thing for her.
Old 04-08-2023, 07:03 PM

What a wonderful tribute! You're both so lucky to have had each other.
Old 04-08-2023, 08:30 PM

I read my newsletter but didn’t take the class. I love the 3D effect and you now make me wish I had. You did an excellent job choosing your threads and stitching. Sorry you lost your mom….😢

what color number and brand is your flesh color? I always choose the wrong color for flesh so usually avoid designs with people’s skin tones. I mainly use Threadart threads.

Last edited by toogie; 04-08-2023 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-09-2023, 02:06 AM

What a beautiful tribute to your mom, so sorry for your loss.
Old 04-09-2023, 05:33 AM

I, too, made my mom monthly wall hangings. They now hang in our office and I change them monthly in remembrance of my mom. Love your tribute and it's 3D qualities.
Old 04-09-2023, 05:47 AM

That is so pretty and what a wonderful memory of your Mom. My Mom also taught me to sew and I know we struggled with certain things as she was right handed and I am left handed.
Old 04-09-2023, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by toogie View Post
I read my newsletter but didn’t take the class. I love the 3D effect and you now make me wish I had. You did an excellent job choosing your threads and stitching. Sorry you lost your mom….😢

what color number and brand is your flesh color? I always choose the wrong color for flesh so usually avoid designs with people’s skin tones. I mainly use Threadart threads.
I used Madera Rayon thread, color number 1082 for the skin. It is outlined with a slightly darker shade. Her pattern gave the Sulky color numbers so I had to guess. I enjoy the classes. There is always something new to learn.
Old 04-09-2023, 08:45 AM

That is such a sweet memory of your mom. I know of several people who make wall hangings for their mom's door in assisted living homes which I think is a wonderful idea. It not only brightens up the door but is a joy for others to see. I heard that one mom always forgets which door is hers but she can easily find it by looking for her door hanging that her DD makes for her each month.
Old 04-10-2023, 10:10 AM

What a lovely tribute to your mother! How you created the hair is marvelous and I'm sure you have a lot of wonderful memories to look back on and enjoy.