Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Embroidery machine quilted baseball quilt >

Embroidery machine quilted baseball quilt

Embroidery machine quilted baseball quilt

Old 07-01-2017, 02:55 AM

Love, love, love your quilt. Your embroidery turned out great and put the extra special touch to the quilt.
I like the fabric you chose for the backing.

Do you like your Sew What Pro software?
Old 07-01-2017, 03:10 AM

Wow! That is a great quilt! From the looks of the backing you preassembled then hooped each block once the quilt was all put together and sandwiched? Did you use stabilizer or were the 3 layers sufficient? What size hoop did you need to use? Your DGS will cherish this!!
Old 07-01-2017, 04:49 AM

I want to answer questions so...
PATSAN- the backing on an embroidery machine quilted quilt looks like it would if you could FMQ those designs on. I did turn off the cutter on the machine to leave tails that could be worked into the quilt. The designs I use are specifically for machine quilting and are not messy on the back like decorative designs.

COPYCAT-You asked if I like SWP. I do. The cost was reasonable and the software works for me. They have a FB group for owners/users and I get some real help from that. I wanted to size my designs exactly and this software offers an opportunity to resize while keeping proportional density. I am still learning but have had no problems with the software.

CYBRARIAN- Stabilizer is not necessary for quilting in the hoop. I used 80/20 batting and a a regular cotton backing. I did use poly embroidery thread for the stitching--not plain cotton. I used my SQ23 magnetic hoop which is 9.1 X 9.1 and my GR magnetic hoop that is 9.1 X 11.9. I think the thing that makes this possible is the way these hoops work. I use magnetic clamps that came with my hoops that make placing a thick quilt in a hoop much easier. In fact, I keep the lower hoop attached to my machine a little loose and hoop the next block by pinning my printed template to the block to get the placement then sliding it atop that loosened bottom hoop. I then insert the top hoop and clamp. It is a smooth process once one gets the hang of it. I don't re-tighten the bottom hoop each time. When I take the template off and stitch, my design placement is just as good as my template placement.

Thanks for all the positive feedback. Always feel free to PM me if you want to ask questions about this process. I am just learning myself, but I would be happy to share what I have learned.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:00 AM
Power Poster

nice work, Hudson will love it.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:06 PM

Love your quilt--machine embroidery/quilting is so much fun and really adds to a quilt I believe. Your DGS will love it.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:47 AM

[QUOTE=copycat;7854940]Love, love, love your quilt. Your embroidery turned out great and put the extra special touch to the quilt.
I like the fabric you chose for the backing.

I think the striped backing looks like the old time uniforms the players wore.
One of a kind quilt, thank you for sharing. Let us know the result of the gift, Hudson will be elated when he gets it.

I have got to use the embroidery machine to quilt a baby quilt. I just bought the biggest magnet hoop for my machine. That hoop should make it much easier, on me, than using the regular hoop.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:10 AM

Love this quilt!!! Super cute!!
Old 07-03-2017, 04:41 AM

That is awesome. You did a good job and the quilting makes the quilt stand out. I have a lot to learn. Thanks for sharing. Makes me want to leave work and go home and play with my embroidery machine.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:55 AM

Very nice! I was wondering how quilting in the hoop worked. Thanks for the explanations.

Rob
Old 07-05-2017, 04:40 PM

Excellent job! Love the idea --- any guy will love it!