Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
ever have a favorite quilt you just can't get out of your mind???? >

ever have a favorite quilt you just can't get out of your mind????

ever have a favorite quilt you just can't get out of your mind????

Old 05-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

Very pretty. I seem to do a lot of star patterns.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:12 AM

This quilt makes me smile.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:21 PM

I like it too. Love the colors.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:30 PM

Love your wonky stars! My favorite quilt top is a stack and whack. Made it years ago. The sandwich is made and I have begun (barely begun) to hand quilt it. Somehow it always get pushed to the "back burner." I'm pretty awkward with hand quilting. Hind sight: I shouldn't have used a basting gun to put it together. Then I could get it on the sewing machine and quilt it by cross hatching or stitching in the ditch.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:11 PM

Nice seeing the favorites that were shown here
Old 05-26-2013, 08:35 PM

All the quilts shown were really nice! The log cabin quilts certainly was a different look, a much more relax, less fussy. Were they a Kit? or a printed pattern? If a pattern, may I have the name of it?? My DIL has never quilted. I think she would like this design and maybe would try it. Thanks Tinker
Old 05-27-2013, 04:49 AM

I love the quilts that have been posted. They are just beautiful. Are we talking favorite quilt or favorite pattern? Î don't think I have a favorite pattern. My favorite quilt also isn't one I made but rather one made by a member on this forum. Its this lovely quilt: I would love to find the fabric in this quilt and make one just like it. I definitely can't get this one out of my mind.

The only quilt I've made twice was YBR. And my favorite was the one I made for my son.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingnd View Post
I love the quilts that have been posted. They are just beautiful. Are we talking favorite quilt or favorite pattern? Î don't think I have a favorite pattern. My favorite quilt also isn't one I made but rather one made by a member on this forum. Its this lovely quilt: I would love to find the fabric in this quilt and make one just like it. I definitely can't get this one out of my mind.

The only quilt I've made twice was YBR. And my favorite was the one I made for my son.
those are both gorgeous!!! black and white with a splash of any color is just awesome. I love all the combos people have done.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN View Post
I have always loved the Bali Star Wedding Quilt by Judy Neimeyer and FINALLY broke down, got the pattern and will put that baby together at Quilt retreat in Lake Tahoe Can't wait
oh that sounds fun. Make sure to post pics when you are done with it.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy View Post
Janie - I went to the link you provided. I saw the baby pattern with the giraffe alone, did you draw the other animals yourself? I think it is the cutest little quilt. I have never tried applique but would try in anticipation of when my daughter becomes pregnant. They have been married 3 years and just purchased their first home. Thank you for any direction, Cindy.
I am glad you like the quilt. I use preschool coloring pictures off of the internet. I either do needle turn applique or fusible web applique. If you go to my blog and look at July 2012 I explain how I do them.