Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fabric from Earlier post

These are the pictures that I was talking about in my earlier post. My cousin is getting married in July and these are the fabrics i'm gonna use in her quilt. My only problem is what pattern to use.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful fabric!! Have you checked Quilters Cache for inspiration? Or some of the on line quilting sites for patterns? I can't to see the finished quilt... :D :D

Wow, those all look so nice together! That's going to be a really nice looking quilt.

Thanks, the third one from the right is the exact fabric she is using on the tables at her wedding reception. The others I just looked for something that went with that fabric. Her wedding is going to be in Champane and Black.

Those are stunning fabrics, you did a good job of picking them out.

Beautiful fabrics. I can't wait to see what you decide to do.

How about a dresden plate? These fabrics are beautiful!!

Have you thought about a black and white Log Cabin? I think that would be striking.

joy
    I have a book called "Take two and add a few" by Atkinson Designs... I made the one on the front cover.... is inside on pages 14 and 15... is a stunning quilt pattern.. I made it in black, white and a little bit of red... your materials would look just beautiful in that pattern as each block is a different (or can be) material... I bought fat quarters... I love your material and thought about this pattern straight away. Hope that helps you... do something special with those materials.

Absolutely beautiful fabric choices! How about a fan quilt? Can't wait to see the pics of the finished quilt with these gorgeous fabrics!
    DeeDee

The fabric is lovely! It reminds me of a collection I have called Mocha Meringue. I plan on making this quilt with it. It has beautiful big flowers mixed with smaller scale fabrics like yours does.

http://www.marcusbrothers.com/makeit...ilt/index.html

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-32839-1.htm

This one might do well with those lovely fabrics and it's simple enough for a beginner.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    How about a dresden plate? These fabrics are beautiful!!
    I agree with the dresden. It was the first thought I had when I saw the fabric before I even read what it was going to be used for.

Honestly I doubt you can go wrong with such a great selection. Total scale and color range. For a proclaimed beginner you sure have an eye for fabric. What about a nine patch with a square the same size solid between like they do for quiltsforkids (see pics here).. simple would showcase some of the prints yet nice enough it would stand out without being too busy. The disappearing (9?) patch pattern would really work well with these too. Fast very fast to whip up. Log cabin could work but you have some lovely larger patterns that you would lose with the narrow cuts.. split rail with wider pieces.. maybe.. ah heck go to quilters cache they do have a super selection you will want to make 100 quilts when your there.

Love the fabrics, do you have the names of the third and fourth ones, I am working on a collection for a red and black quilt and I love those two fabrics

Blog Entries
    Very pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    The fabric is lovely! It reminds me of a collection I have called Mocha Meringue. I plan on making this quilt with it. It has beautiful big flowers mixed with smaller scale fabrics like yours does.

http://www.marcusbrothers.com/makeit...ilt/index.html
    The fabrics you have chosen are beautiful - brown/black is not something I used to like but as more and more fabrics arrive on the scene, I'm finding myself drawn to them. These are gorgeous and they look so soft! Let us know what pattern you decide upon and, of course, when you finish please post a pic.... :)

OT: I love this pattern!! My daughter picked out some materials for her own quilt and these would showcase those beautifully. I got a Bonus reading this post...yeah!!!

Happy Friday y'all!

Very nice fabrics. Very classy looking. However, I would add an additional light fabric or two to the mix. Based solely on your pictures, which may not show the true fabric colors, you have 5 dark fabrics and 2 light fabrics. You may need the additional light colored fabrics for more contrast in the blocks you eventual choose.

And please keep in mind, this is only one man's opinion and I will not be offended, if you or others disagree. :-D

I don't think this fabric lends itself to anything curved or with sharp points. You will lose too much of the large patterned material and it will look cheap.

Even the pattern from Twisted sister is a little too small in scale. If you are looking for elegance and modern simplicity (that's what those fabrics say to me) I'd go for a turning twenty pattern and have it quilted all over in a large meander. If you wnat to jazz it up you could always add some large gold, black, silver buttons to some intersections after it is quilted.

Stunning fabric.

With those fabrics I would make the one susiequilt suggested the one someone on this board did. It will look great !!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Your fabrics are beautiful!!

Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Beautiful fabric!! Have you checked Quilters Cache for inspiration? Or some of the on line quilting sites for patterns? I can't to see the finished quilt... :D :D
    I would check the cache, they always inspire me.

OMG those are beautiful. I can't wait to see the quilt.

How about a Lover's Knot. I got Elanor Burns' Lover's Knot for Christmas and it would look gorgeous in the fabrics you've chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsmom
    These are the pictures that I was talking about in my earlier post. My cousin is getting married in July and these are the fabrics i'm gonna use in her quilt. My only problem is what pattern to use.

Love your fabrics. What kind are they and where did you get them?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast