Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Fatquarter's Snowfamily quilt...quilted by Charisma

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Fatquarters sent me this ADORABLE quilt....a bunny Hill project ....I struggled a bit with how I was going to quilt it...she is going to add more embellishments when she gets it back...

I at first was thinking of trying to make hat outside border look a bit like eyelet lace..but I was to afraid to try and then if I had to rip out her beautiful applique ( I usually never stitch over applique...so I stuck to my rule). So I decided to do a small "Charisma Curl" design around the snowman...after I outlined all of her applique.....and I stippled everything else. there will be a lot going on and I didn't want to take away from anything.

I quilted everything freehand on my INNOVA...no computer or pantograph quilting.

Thanks for looking

back
    Name:  Attachment-141069.jpe
Views: 163
Size:  88.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cute!

WOW!!!!! I love that quilt and the quilting is fabulous as always. Beautiful

Great job ladies :thumbup:

That is a darling quilt. I love the way you quilted it. Just makes those cute snowmen pop. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Oh my Gosh, this quilt is so cute, I love snowmen !!!!! Great job done by both of you......Michele

WOW! I love it

Love it!!!!

Blog Entries
    Nice! I like the way the snowmen pop!

Blog Entries
    I love your work. I'm working on a applique quilt myself and I'm very new to it. I do have some concerns about quilting it. Do I look for a machine quilter that has experence in applique quilts or if I'm able to quilt it on my machine what do I need to know about quilting the applique blocks.

I would be heart broken if some thing happen to my quilt after all the work I will have in it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peppermint
    I love your work. I'm working on a applique quilt myself and I'm very new to it. I do have some concerns about quilting it. Do I look for a machine quilter that has experence in applique quilts or if I'm able to quilt it on my machine what do I need to know about quilting the applique blocks.

I would be heart broken if some thing happen to my quilt after all the work I will have in it.
    I think most long arm quilters have worked with appliqued quilts.

I would just make sure you tell him/her that you don't want them quilted...and that should be good! I mostly just outline them...so they stand out.

Blog Entries
    Love it!

I love this! I think you did just the right amount of quilting and really emphasized all that cute applique work while leaving plenty of room for more embellishment.

I also love the others you just recently posted. But Charismah, are you holding out on us? This quilt, the valentine quilt, vacation quilt (BTW I loved how you used the fabric for a quilting design and outlined those umbrellas, it is one of my favorite techniques) and star quilt you just recently posted all seem to be laid out on a bigger dark green quilt that looks very intricately quilted with loads of your trademark Charisma Curls. Being the nosey bugger that I am :lol: :lol: I can't help but to be all sorts of curious about that dark green quilt.

Super cute!!! My mom loves snowmen...she would go absolutely nuts for this :)

Blog Entries
    Very cute quilt. I love the quilting you did. It's perfect!

What a darling quilt!

you do such a wonderful job on all your quilting.

All I can say is "WOW!"

Blog Entries
    WooHoo Charisma, Thanks!!!!!!! I knew you would quilt it just right. To think I tried to get that thing quilted for a year, and you made it great in just a few hours!

I love it. It makes me want hot cocoa! Beautiful, beautiful.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    I love this! I think you did just the right amount of quilting and really emphasized all that cute applique work while leaving plenty of room for more embellishment.

I also love the others you just recently posted. But Charismah, are you holding out on us? This quilt, the valentine quilt, vacation quilt (BTW I loved how you used the fabric for a quilting design and outlined those umbrellas, it is one of my favorite techniques) and star quilt you just recently posted all seem to be laid out on a bigger dark green quilt that looks very intricately quilted with loads of your trademark Charisma Curls. Being the nosey bugger that I am :lol: :lol: I can't help but to be all sorts of curious about that dark green quilt.
    You Are so funny...no I am not holding out...That is my DH's quilt that I made him last year for Father's day....it is posted..the dark green is minkee..so it just stands out....I posted the pics last year...so everyone has seen it already..thanks for asking! You aren't the first person. HEHE

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fatquarters
    WooHoo Charisma, Thanks!!!!!!! I knew you would quilt it just right. To think I tried to get that thing quilted for a year, and you made it great in just a few hours!
    Oh Good..I am so glad you saw it! It is so adorable..you did such a great job!

Its perfect!

I LOVE that quilt!!!

Adorable quilt!!! Wonderful quilting job on it!!!

Beautiful! I love how you outlined the snowmen!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast