Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Featherweight Frenzy!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member sharone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    401
    Ok I admit I did go slightly overboard buying "a" featherweight. I just could not resist these darling little machines. One note of advice when buying on ebay request the seller packs the inside of the boxes extremely well. My little white one had a mishap with the motor snapping off. Fortunately the seller admitted that he was at fault as there was no packing inside the box and he refunded me my money.

    My new babies - welcome home.
    Name:  Attachment-216866.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  21.6 KB

  2. #2
    Super Member sewwhat85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    6,890
    i have four fantastic featherweights also and one of mine is white also

  3. #3
    Senior Member pjaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    871
    Blog Entries
    7
    Hello Mama !! I also just got a black one on E-bay and when I received it the pedal was stuck. Well, had to take it to the shop and have it put back together. Probally needs cleaning too, but ran outta $$. I also have a lovely white one, I think she is much priettier than "Black Betty", her name in "Pearl" after my dear MIL.

    Pearl
    Name:  Attachment-216868.jpe
Views: 30
Size:  49.7 KB

  4. #4
    Senior Member sharone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    401
    Magic number 4 - sewwhat85!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Just-Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middle of nowhere on a hilltop :)
    Posts
    507
    Blog Entries
    3
    You just bought ALL of those on eBay?? Is this over a period of time or were you just on a FW mission?? lol

    I would love to have one and "need" (lol) one, but .....

  6. #6
    Super Member quiltsillysandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,139
    WOW, nice collection of FW's....Hoping own one at some point in time as well.....

  7. #7
    Senior Member sharone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by pjaco
    Hello Mama !! I also just got a black one on E-bay and when I received it the pedal was stuck. Well, had to take it to the shop and have it put back together. Probally needs cleaning too, but ran outta $$. I also have a lovely white one, I think she is much priettier than "Black Betty", her name in "Pearl" after my dear MIL.
    Pearl is certainly prettier - hope you have many wonderful sewing hours on it. :)

  8. #8
    Senior Member sharone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by Just-Lee
    You just bought ALL of those on eBay?? Is this over a period of time or were you just on a FW mission?? lol

    I would love to have one and "need" (lol) one, but .....
    Hello, it was over a period of about a month and yes I was on a serious FW mission. It's all because of this board that I had to have at least one FW. :lol:

  9. #9
    Power Poster blueangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    20,471
    Congratulations on all your finds.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    6
    I love em they are great for taking to classes. I wanted a white one but got a centinial one instead. works like a new machine.

  11. #11
    Super Member tammy cosper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,333
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by sharone
    Ok I admit I did go slightly overboard buying "a" featherweight. I just could not resist these darling little machines. One note of advice when buying on ebay request the seller packs the inside of the boxes extremely well. My little white one had a mishap with the motor snapping off. Fortunately the seller admitted that he was at fault as there was no packing inside the box and he refunded me my money.
    Bought my white featherweight on Ebay a while back and made sure I told them how to pack them. I have bought several machines off ebay and each time I have sent the seller a message on how to pack. Explained to them, that I didn't think they were a child. But it's alot of money, and I would like it to arrive in good shape. I have been very successful so far.

  12. #12
    Senior Member sharone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    401
    Yeah, its a lesson learnt for me. We will be moving soon and I will personally pack my machines for the container.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.