Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Featherweight Frenzy!!

Ok I admit I did go slightly overboard buying "a" featherweight. I just could not resist these darling little machines. One note of advice when buying on ebay request the seller packs the inside of the boxes extremely well. My little white one had a mishap with the motor snapping off. Fortunately the seller admitted that he was at fault as there was no packing inside the box and he refunded me my money.

My new babies - welcome home.
    Name:  Attachment-216866.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  21.6 KB

i have four fantastic featherweights also and one of mine is white also

Blog Entries
    Hello Mama !! I also just got a black one on E-bay and when I received it the pedal was stuck. Well, had to take it to the shop and have it put back together. Probally needs cleaning too, but ran outta $$. I also have a lovely white one, I think she is much priettier than "Black Betty", her name in "Pearl" after my dear MIL.

Pearl
    Name:  Attachment-216868.jpe
Views: 30
Size:  49.7 KB

Magic number 4 - sewwhat85!

Blog Entries
    You just bought ALL of those on eBay?? Is this over a period of time or were you just on a FW mission?? lol

I would love to have one and "need" (lol) one, but .....

WOW, nice collection of FW's....Hoping own one at some point in time as well.....

Quote Originally Posted by pjaco
    Hello Mama !! I also just got a black one on E-bay and when I received it the pedal was stuck. Well, had to take it to the shop and have it put back together. Probally needs cleaning too, but ran outta $$. I also have a lovely white one, I think she is much priettier than "Black Betty", her name in "Pearl" after my dear MIL.
    Pearl is certainly prettier - hope you have many wonderful sewing hours on it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Just-Lee
    You just bought ALL of those on eBay?? Is this over a period of time or were you just on a FW mission?? lol

I would love to have one and "need" (lol) one, but .....
    Hello, it was over a period of about a month and yes I was on a serious FW mission. It's all because of this board that I had to have at least one FW. :lol:

Congratulations on all your finds.

I love em they are great for taking to classes. I wanted a white one but got a centinial one instead. works like a new machine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharone
    Ok I admit I did go slightly overboard buying "a" featherweight. I just could not resist these darling little machines. One note of advice when buying on ebay request the seller packs the inside of the boxes extremely well. My little white one had a mishap with the motor snapping off. Fortunately the seller admitted that he was at fault as there was no packing inside the box and he refunded me my money.
    Bought my white featherweight on Ebay a while back and made sure I told them how to pack them. I have bought several machines off ebay and each time I have sent the seller a message on how to pack. Explained to them, that I didn't think they were a child. But it's alot of money, and I would like it to arrive in good shape. I have been very successful so far.

Yeah, its a lesson learnt for me. We will be moving soon and I will personally pack my machines for the container.