Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Fence Around My Corn & Beans

Patrice,
    Your quilt is awesome. You are so creative. I never would have thought to put those two blocks together. You are so inspiring to all of us.

Patrice--I love your quilt and I am so impressed that 2 months in a row you have used the BOM blocks and made full quilts out of them!!

I like it! But I was expecting to see a fence to keep critters out of your vegies by the title. :lol:

Pat Gotta love it boy i think you put alot of work in this one :thumbup:

Looks beautiful Patrice!!

Totally cool......another fine one you have done......how doing all them so fast ?????? ........Have you been sleeping any at all????....:-)......

Blog Entries
    i'm glad so many of you like the quilt. i suspect it's the kind people either really like or really don't. thanks very much for the encouragement. :P

Quote Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
    Wow! How in the world did you remember how each block was to be set! I would have gone bonkers making it.
    i'm already bonkers, so that part wasn't a worry. :lol: luckily, nothing needed to be rotated for the layout to work. all i had to do was alternate the blocks using a standard checkerboard layout. when i'm assembling a top i sometimes do one row at a time. i attach each new row to the row(s) already done and hang the results from my china cabinet for reference while i do the next. another way i'm able to "remember" is to print the layout from EQ and cross the blocks & rows off as i get them done.

Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    I like it! But I was expecting to see a fence to keep critters out of your vegies by the title. :lol:
    that's too funny. as a matter of fact, i did have something like that in mind: "I Put a Fence Around My Corn & Beans (to Keep the Critters Out, of Course!)" i couldn't figure out how to work critters into a border that didn't clash, so i shortened it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan
    Spectaucular, Patrice----I just love it and don't know how you got everything to fit together so well!
    trust me ... there are plenty of places where things don't line up properly at all. lucky for me all the stripes dominate and distract the eye so the gafarbles don't stand out unless you're up close or looking for them. (whew!)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bell
    Patrice,
    Your quilt is awesome. You are so creative. I never would have thought to put those two blocks together. You are so inspiring to all of us.
    it's the other way around. the quilts you guys make and the blocks being picked inspire me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    Patrice--I love your quilt and I am so impressed that 2 months in a row you have used the BOM blocks and made full quilts out of them!!
    i can't take any credit. the ladies choosing the blocks do the hard part for me. i don't have to struggle with a design. i can just sit back on my tushy and wait. :lol: )

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful Patrice, as always, and I haven't even done my one yet!! A question - are you leaving one block spare of each month to put together at the end of of the year - or are you just gonna join all your full quilts together!?

K x

Now I understand the strip piece triangle in the corners of your corn & bean block. Great idea. I am so impressed that you have done both blocks into a quilt for both Feb and March. Anxious to see what you do for April. Your very creative!

I think it's very pretty and boy do you work fast.

sshhhhh! I'm following her around today, when she goes to work, or IF she goes to work, there has GOT to be quilting elves at work in her sewing room! I'll get back to ya with more details.

Patrice, I have never seen a post of yours that wasn't awesome. This one looks great.

Blog Entries
    thanks very much for such a nice compliment. :P

Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Beautiful Patrice, as always, and I haven't even done my one yet!! A question - are you leaving one block spare of each month to put together at the end of of the year - or are you just gonna join all your full quilts together!?

K x
    i would have to make the extras in compatible fabrics. i may surprise myself later on, but i'm probably too lazy for that. :lol:

i'm trying to picture the blocks so far, in the fabrics i've used, all together in one quilt. we need a barfing emoticon. :shock:

Oh ok I think I got it now patrice. I will try it your way. ps) Waaah ... I don't have the eletric quilt program. I will have to look into that. Enabler! LoL!

What a stunningly dramatic quilt!!!

It would probably never occur to me to put something like that together. You obviously have THE TOUCH!!!!

Love the colors - I'll send you my address!

Turned out just great Patrice! Very striking colors. I wasn't crazy about doing just one corn and beans block and you did all those. Wow, my hats off to you!

LOL

My partner just asked why I was laughing... I love the "galloping horse" statement, I'm SO going to use that one!

And I love the quilt, I think it looks great, even at a trot!

Why do you hate the way it turned out? I think it's lovely. It has a lot of movement without being dizzying (is that a word--LOL)?

I like it too!:)Good play w/patterns-you did good! Skeat

Blog Entries
    i don't hate it at all. i don't even mind all the spots where things don't line up and connect precisely. the wild fabrics hide all that unless you're up close enough to be pressing or quilting it.

however, since the fabrics i used for January wouldn't coordinate with February and March; the fabrics from February don't coordinate with January and March; and the fabrics from March don't coordinate with January and February, in order to use all six blocks in one quilt, i'd have to go back and make each one again using fabrics that do coordinate.

that will probably not happen until at least 2010 - if at all. my "wanna do it" list is already waaaaaaaaay too long. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Banned
    great quilt. i love it!

love the quilt, and everything looks better when sitting on a horse!

It is a very striking quilt. I love how the different blocks play with each other.

And anything red white and black is more than OK in my books!

Blog Entries
    very nice quilt.... love the colours

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast