Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: final bought some spray starch -- WIP basket quilt

I have been quilting for 3 years now and have made 39 quilts and finally I bought some spray starch while making the handles for my basket quilt. I just dont know how I ever did anything without it. The handles are laying so nice and flat while they are waiting to be sewn.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I often wonder how I manage without somethings, that once I learn how to use it, has made my life so much easier...
    I say to my Duh....

Blog Entries
    I was a slow learner with starch, also. I was self taught and quilted for 16 years and then came here and my education really started. I now buy the starch and best press in bulk, lol!

Blog Entries
    yup- starch can make all the difference in the world...
    glad you found it's usefulness- i've been using it for 45 years- it is as basic in my home as a carton of milk in the fridge ;)

Yes couldn't do without it.

Cool I haven't tried this yet but will give it a try. Thanks for the info.Keep on quilting!!!!

Blog Entries
    I can't work without spray starch. Just watched a Utube tutorial on how to shrink blocks that are as much a 1/2" to big by soaking the block with spray starch, letting it dry completely without touching it. May need to soak with starch more than once to get it all shrunk down to the size you want. Oh, you want to pin it in place so it doesn't shrink to much.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
    I was a slow learner with starch, also. I was self taught and quilted for 16 years and then came here and my education really started. I now buy the starch and best press in bulk, lol!
    I have delayed my learning process too. Also self taught until I found this site. As you mention, the education began. I recently started using the starch and I am going to get me some of that spray adhesive next.

Oh how I love my starch! :D