Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
FInally finished a UFO! >

FInally finished a UFO!

FInally finished a UFO!

Old 03-31-2011, 01:59 PM

Maureen: Welcome to this board and to CPQ!!! I hope to meet you again soon. I just want to tell you that this piece of work outshines the teacher! It is just beautiful, and I love it you finished such a beautiful piece in only a month after getting the idea! Wow! Looking forward to seeing more of you and your sister.
Blessings, Roberta
Old 03-31-2011, 02:18 PM

Update about this wall hanging:) My intention was to make this and give it to a woman who is a missionary in Honduras. She works with an organization called "Latin America Child Care" and was instrumental in getting a preschool started, which has now grown to about 14 or 15 elementary schools. Last I heard they were building a trade school for adults. I have been trying to find her for about a month, not knowing if she was even still there. I found her on facebook! She confirmed me as a friend this morning, and we have corresponded by e-mail since then. All I have to do now is figure out how to get it to her! She's in the states right now - wouldn't it be a miracle if I could get it to her while she's here?
SO . . . I'm about to say good-bye to the hanging - and imagine her face when she sees it:)
Old 03-31-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by RobertaMarie
Maureen: Welcome to this board and to CPQ!!! I hope to meet you again soon. I just want to tell you that this piece of work outshines the teacher! It is just beautiful, and I love it you finished such a beautiful piece in only a month after getting the idea! Wow! Looking forward to seeing more of you and your sister.
Blessings, Roberta
Thank you! Cotton Patch inspired me, and this board is awesome! See you soon:)
Old 03-31-2011, 02:21 PM

very good job! good things are worth waiting for. bobbie
Old 03-31-2011, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by joyce888
Beautiful! I thought I was the only one that had UFO's that old (LOL)
Oh, THIS was a fairly recent UFO! I have one that was started in the late 80's! I really need to get that out - it's all hand quilted (that's probably why it's stashed)
Old 03-31-2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by peabee
love it! mountains from the sky fabric is interesting! are your people appliqued on?
The people are pieced and fused (ironed) on. I didn't top stitch them - I was afraid I'd ruin the skinny arms & legs. The little donkey and chickens were cheaters - I cut them out of a print fabric. So were the leaves.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:37 PM
Power Poster

It is gorgeous!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by bobolee
Wow! That is awesome. I love the quilting on the road - it looks just like stones everywhere. Very nice.
Well, NOW you can buy fabric that looks like stones - but when I collected these fabrics 5 or 6 years ago, we didn't have those choices! I did find the tile roof online and waited a week before it came and I could continue! I was worth it!
Old 03-31-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Originally Posted by gramma mo
Originally Posted by cjomomma
This is amazing. You are extremely talented.
Well, I didn't "free hand" it. I enlarged a postcard on an overhead projector onto white butcher paper. I then transferred the shapes by tracing them onto plain paper, and used the tracings as my patterns. It was a long process, but pretty fun to see it "come alive".
Wowser! Nice quilt. I have an artist friend who uses a projector also. Kaymarcum.com. SHe travels and does the same. Loved this wall hanging too. Looks like youa re joining right in. Now if we can get NP3 to post a picture too. ROFL. Oops, now I"m in trouble. Better check my pm's. Thanks for sharing.

I would love to see this one in person in May. Do you have room to bring it? HUGS♥♥
I just found the lady it's going to go to this morning! She's a missionary in Honduras and happens to be in the states right now. I hope I can some how get it to her soon - so probably won't have it for our May trip:) We'll think of other treasures to bring:)
Old 03-31-2011, 02:46 PM

Just beautiful.