Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Finished my daughter's quilt top-- FINALLY!! >

Finished my daughter's quilt top-- FINALLY!!

Finished my daughter's quilt top-- FINALLY!!

Old 04-07-2009, 09:32 AM

Wow what a nice quilt.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:11 PM

Joyce Just had to tell you that you are a special person and your beautifull quilt shows that your heart is in the right place. Even if it took you 8 years to complete it's the thought and love you put into each stitch that makes your quilt so special. Just think what a legacy you will leave for generations to come. You need to record(write) the story of how and why this georgeous quilt was created. Got your E and wanted to see your post so consider this my reply.
Carol
Old 04-08-2009, 07:06 AM

What a sad yet beautiful story. I know your daughter will cherish it forever. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:31 AM

Beautiful! Love it...and the story behind it too!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:50 AM

Thank you so much, everyone, for your kind and thoughtful words. It means a lot to me that everyone likes my quilt!!!

I didn't mean to make anyone upset (or cry) with my story. I always felt that my daughter was trying to get me to see that there would be a life for me after her dad died. And there was, even if I went into it kicking and screaming....

And I think I must have spent way too much time planning the quilt and not enough time working on it or else it wouldn't have taken me EIGHT years to get the top done :lol: :lol:

Old 04-08-2009, 11:48 AM

That's a gorgeous quilt.... and I agree, you need to write the story down. :-)

So many quilts are more than just bits of material cut up and put back together, there's a little piece of your heart and soul in there.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Caroltee
Joyce Just had to tell you that you are a special person and your beautifull quilt shows that your heart is in the right place. Even if it took you 8 years to complete it's the thought and love you put into each stitch that makes your quilt so special. Just think what a legacy you will leave for generations to come. You need to record(write) the story of how and why this georgeous quilt was created. Got your E and wanted to see your post so consider this my reply.
Carol
I agree with Caroltee. Perhaps you could incorporate the story into a label on the back so future generations will know the story, too.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

[/quote]

Daughter is coming over tomorrow so I plan to show it to her then -- can't wait!
[/quote]

Soooo tell us, what was your daughter's reaction???? If you do not mind sharing, that is. I thought that I heard some happy noises coming from your direction :D :wink: :D
Old 04-08-2009, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Daughter is coming over tomorrow so I plan to show it to her then -- can't wait!
[/quote]

Soooo tell us, what was your daughter's reaction???? If you do not mind sharing, that is. I thought that I heard some happy noises coming from your direction :D :wink: :D [/quote]

Well, I had it all spread out on my bed (like in the pictures) when she got here. Some of her comments were, "OMG, it's so BIG; I love it!; You finished it already??!; Can't wait to show it to Jason (her hubby)." So I think she liked it :-) :-) :-)

I had to print off a picture for her to take when she left so she could show it off -- it's "officially" her birthday present which is April 30th, but I don't know if I can get it quilted, etc. before then. :-)

I am just so glad that dang thing is done -- well, almost! :-)
Old 04-10-2009, 07:16 AM
cjc

It's beautiful. I love stars