Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finished one project.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's a start. I turned it inside out and sewed around--I like a binding better. I tried to do circles around the darker part--didn't like it--tore it out and just stippled. I just can't seem to get the hang of this quilting thing, unless I use my walking foot. Wow--it took a LONG time. :shock: It also took a LOT of thread. I soooo admire quilters. I just like making tops.

It's very tricky to stipple and keep track of where've I've been and to not cross lines... I touched, but didn't cross. :wink: And I just ended it with small stitches...there was no where to go!

I think I may keep this one to toss on the coffee table (that looks like a small picnic table).... feels like it was a practice job.

Onward to the next project.

The back--in case I get sick of the front.
    Name:  Attachment-14304.jpe
Views: 61
Size:  90.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think your stippling looks great. I'm still kind of new at it myself & yours looks better than mine. It takes LOTS of practice. Nice quilt too, love the back fabric :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I love it Karla. I dont see anything wrong with your quilting at all. From the pictures it looks like it just has same color binding. You are just being self-critical. So let up on the ole gal already!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it looks great! and the material is soo nice :) You did a awesome job on it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I forgot to mention I do NOT like that first scrap border. Yuck! It doesn't blend at all--just looks like marching blocks....

It doesn't fit on the table--too short. :roll:

OK Karla, just take a time out!!!!!! I like the scrap border, so there!!!! :roll: :P

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Okay. :lol: :lol:

OK, Time out is over. Just repeat after me " MY Quilt is Beautiful, My Quilt is Wonderful" :lol: :lol: ,

:shock: That is awesome great job on the stipple...and fun to due huh...can be :lol:

I'm loving that quilt! WOW! The back is as pretty as the front! And you've done so well with your machine quilting. I'm :mrgreen: with envy. Come show me how!

Hello, I think the colours are lovely both back and front, I have a table that it would fit perfectly, your work is lovely
    Katherine

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You gals are too kind. :D

OK, Time out is over. Just repeat after me " MY Quilt is Beautiful, My Quilt is Wonderful"
    Do I haaaave to??? :wink:

Yes You HAVE to!!!

It is beautiful. I love both sides and would have a terrible time choosing which side to use.

How do you have so much time to accomplish so many quilts?? I must know the secret.

Kyia

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Kyia--no secret at all--I'm off for the summer (teacher) and I had lots of tops done already--for example, this one. :wink:

I've told myself I WILL finish the rest BEFORE I start a new project. I have the pattern picked out (thank you gcathie)--but haven't selected fabrics yet.

I had my barn buddy over this morning--and I talked to her mom till 3:00--then I came back to finish.

This is the first summer in 21 years I'm home here most the day all by myself! I'm a woman of leisure!!

I'm due in the barn now....

Karla it looks awesome!!! Now what would you say to one of your students when they are over critical of their own work...hmmmmm? LOL You do such beautiful work!! Wish you could see it like we do!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Really, Loretta? I'll add it to that pile then. Worth a try. Thanks. I think I'll call everything a table runner/topper so I don't have to add a hanging sleeve. :wink:

Blog Entries
    Karla,
    Your stippling is wonderful! I love your quilt. Please send it to me...

You are doing a fantastic job. Kudoes to you!!

Barnbum, that's excellent! I love them.

My mom was telling me something about a "stitch regulator" that you can buy. But then she said it was enormously expensive and that true skill is in the hand of the quilter.

I tried my hand at free hand quilting on a book cover I made for a note book and I must say, it's AWFUL!

I'm like, how hard can it be?????????????????????????

I think you did a gret job and I like that fabric too! It just takes lots of practice.

These are gorgeous! You are so far ahead of me on the stippling continuum that I'm ashamed to even discuss it. Of course, that's probably because I'm terrible at it, so I don't like to practice it, so I'm terrible at it, so I don't like to...well, you get the idea. But you keep practicing and improving, and I am so impressed!

I think you did a great job on your quilting :thumbup: . I'm not a very practiced machine quilter (walking foot, stitch in the ditch gal :lol: ) I've tried stippling, I end up with 100 teeny tiny stitches in one place and then two big 1/2" ones :lol: Yours looks way betta, don't be so hard on yourself. Really like the country look colours you've used in it too.

Blog Entries
    Wow!You did a great job. To bad you are keeping it I'v would have asked for it.

Okay I love it that back is cool, I'll take it if you don't want it. 8) You did a great job pat on the back pat, pat

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Aww--you gals are so sweet. I was going to mention these are orphan squares from a quilt... I remember now I made several small things to practice the quilting on. I'll stick in the craft show pile, unless I can find a place where it fits in here.

So, in case anyone is still reading... wanna suggest a number to go on the price tag? I really hate pricing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast