Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Finished project for this weekend - 7.24.10

community benefactor Conniequilts's Avatar
    So does "get rid of it" mean you are wanting to sell it? If so, how much?

Quote Originally Posted by Conniequilts
    Yes I'm going to sell it. I have to get enough guts to do that though. I guess I don't normally have enough confidence in my own abilities to ask much for my stuff. What would you think would be a good price? $20?

community benefactor Conniequilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
    Quote Originally Posted by Conniequilts
    Yes I'm going to sell it. I have to get enough guts to do that though. I guess I don't normally have enough confidence in my own abilities to ask much for my stuff. What would you think would be a good price? $20?
    You're nuts (sorry) your work is great. If you are ok with 20 then 20 it is, but.....

The $20 would be twice what I paid for material costs. That's where I came up with that.

I sold it. Hung it in my office for half a day and had two offers. I sold it to my Graduate Assistant whose parents are from Ghana for $20. I am happy. Now to figure out my next project. :)

Lucky Graduate Assistant! I think $20.00 is as we say in Australia "mates rates", which is ok for co-workers and friends...but Bonni, your work is just lovely and if you decide to sell to others, you need to raise your confidence and your prices.

Thanks earthwalker. I did do 2x cost. It was pillow forms and I just quilted around what was already there so not very creative nor hard to do. I didn't even do any decorative stitches but just a plain old straight stitch. Still, I will try and have more confidence in my quilting abilities and perhaps SLOWLY (grins) charge more. It will be tough though.

Blog Entries
    Bonni these are beautiful, you did a great job. This is inspiration to me because I have 2 panels that I need to get started on. I also have some fabric I bought while we were in Ghana, have never cut it because it is so special I don't know what I want to do with it.Need to do something with it soon, it's been 8yrs. since we were there. Will gladly accept ideas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2