Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
finished Texas Tech quilt for dh >

finished Texas Tech quilt for dh

finished Texas Tech quilt for dh

Old 07-24-2008, 07:46 PM
bj

Not if you live in Lubbock...Go Tech...Ride em Raiders!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:57 PM

I showed DH your quilt and he conceded to the fact that it is an awesome quilt but still didnt like the Texas Tech part of it!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I think it is just too funny, I have never been that into the whole college rivalry thing. Some of the OU Sooner fans are down right fanatical about OU and they hate OSU!!! I just think its funny so will say stuff to get a rise out of them!! :lol:
Old 07-24-2008, 08:28 PM
bj

We lived in OKC for 2 years in the late 70's, way before internet access to everything. We sortof understood not getting Texas Tech news, but we thought it was crazy that you couldn't even get OSU news. They were eaten up with OU. Of course, that was also before the Big 12, so the OK schools were not in our conference. My mom used to cut out newspaper articles about Tech and mail them to my dh. She lived close to Lubbock and subscribed to the Lubbock paper. Even old news was fun to get.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:32 PM

Its still that way for the most part, The OKC sports is all bout OU and it makes DH so mad. I am not an OU fan just because they all have such attitudes. My Pokes might be the underdog but thats OK love 'em anyway!!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 03:44 PM

maybe you could share pics of your DH opening up the quilt gift... I have one of my mom opening up hers and she kept saying, whats this? while pulling it out of the box. it was a surprise signature quilt for her birthday and then she said, I wondered why I got so many birthday cards this year, the dining room table was full of cards. I had mailed out over 120 and received back over 75, 6 inch squares. Then I finished quilting it and presented it back to her during the next years family reunion at Paris Landing, Tenn. Those were good memories, the summer I was quilting on it, I stopped smoking and used the quilting to relax me...That was 14 years ago... Thanks for letting me ramble, Cindy
Old 07-26-2008, 06:48 PM
bj

Too late. He already has it down in his basement. Now I have to think of something else for his birthday. The quilt just turned into a "because it's finished now and I want you to have it" gift. My son has put in a request for one for his birthday in Sept. We'll see. What a special gift for your mom. I'll bet the ones who sent blocks back to you were thrilled at the opportunity to participate.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:14 AM

Hi BJ. Absolutely love your quilt. I made my son a Texas A & M quilt in the Irish chain but he wants me to make him another one too. I just bought 6 yards of maroon and sorta creamy like plaid for future use got it on sale. You have given me a great inspiration for another one for him. He wants to be an Aggie. Hopes to play football for them someday. Tech would be nice but it's so far from where we live. College Station is only and hour & half from us. You did a fantastic job and I know he will love it. :D :thumbup:
Old 07-27-2008, 11:20 AM

bj - thank you for the response, I was able to make up a notebook with all the cards and letters each one sent etc....