Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Fixing a Lone Star Gone Wrong

Is there a long arm near you that you can rent to quilt it? As for quilting in the ditch unless you are hand quilting I wouldn't.

That's actually a good next question: how would you quilt this? I normally do stitch-in-ditch. But I see that lonestars are frequently quilted a 1/4" on either side of the seam-- at least within the stars.

Keep in mind folks: I have a early '90s (as in 1990s) Singer portable.

But I won't be quilting anything until I find enough fabric for the back of this. (It's about 4x6') What? Of *course* I didn't purchase backing at the time I made the quilt!

%-\

-- Jillaine[/quote]

It looks pretty good to me, but I am more concerned about the (sigh) after you said you had found a couple more mistakes.
    Frankly, I am not sure what you see that is a mistake from the "fix", so I am pretty confident that most people would never know that you have done anything but create a different version of a quilt they really don't understand to begin with .
    Considering all you have learned changing up your Lone Star Gone Wrong, would you really want to not make mistakes and learn something new?
    Sort of like spilt milk - - can't cry over it, but I do believe that I have learned more spilling the milk than I ever learned with everything going swimmingly.
    Over a lot of time, I have learned that experiencing mistakes and solutions has taught me more about me and the world I live in than if I had waited to know everything before I ever tried. More exciting, too! LOL
    Having said all of that, everyone PLEASE! Do your best every time you try. Do NOT try to make mistakes so that you will learn the lesson the hard way ... just don't be too hard on yourself; allow yourself to learn, no matter what the situation or medium

Blog Entries
    omak, thanks for the encouraging words. All good reminders.

- jillaine

Blog Entries
    Here is a border idea.

6" wide, colors can be changed to yardage you have left.
    Name:  Attachment-178553.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  27.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Peg,

Not sure I have enough of any one fabric to have just a two-color triangle border, but this gives me some ideas. LOVE your partnership in this, Peg!!!

oh, question: is there text in the middle? If so, I can't read it.

-- Jillaine

Blog Entries
    Update: cut out pieces of remaining fabric for a border; pieces cut with dresden template; will alternate colors remaining (don't have enough of any two colors to go all the way around).

Quote Originally Posted by suezquilts
    Before you sew the diamonds together it is best to square up them. My girlfriend made me a template for this.
    then you can sew them together.
    I have made several of these. Squaring up keeps the bump in the middle away.
    What size template did she make? Could you use a regular ruler to square them up? So when I have my 2 halves ready to be sewn together I should sew from the inside out? I have been reading everyone's ideas on here. Looking for more clarity. Thanks for any feedback.

Blog Entries
    Very pretty, awesome work too.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6