Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: FMQ Messenger Bag

  1. #1
    Junior Member Az Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Posts
    132
    Not a quilt, but FMQ'd. Here are some pics of a messenger bag I made yesterday. Thanks for looking!

    Edit: Quilted on my domestic machine. ;)

    Wendy
    Attached Images Attached Images



  2. #2
    Super Member Murphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,899
    Blog Entries
    1
    I LOVE this bag. You did a great job and it is beautiful. Wish I had this skill (smile). Thank you for sharing.

  3. #3
    Senior Member jrharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    672
    Wow! This is wonderful! You did a great job. Love it!

  4. #4
    Power Poster erstan947's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,168
    Blog Entries
    47
    Someday I want to FMQ like that! Beautiful bag:)

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,826
    Wow, you did a wonderful job of free motion quilting it.

    Kat

  6. #6
    Power Poster blueangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    20,469
    You did a beautiful job.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    rochester,new york
    Posts
    595
    I love it. You did a beautiful job. Thanks for sharing.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Buzzy Bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    452
    so nice !!!! can i ask.....did u have to mark fabric first or just sight it.....and how long did it take u to get this good !!! i m so dicouraged because i feel like i will never get rthe hang of doig it...thanks for sharing !!!!!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member grandma7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    424
    What beautiful work! love the bag!

  10. #10
    Junior Member Az Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzy Bee
    so nice !!!! can i ask.....did u have to mark fabric first or just sight it.....and how long did it take u to get this good !!! i m so dicouraged because i feel like i will never get rthe hang of doig it...thanks for sharing !!!!!!
    Thank you; of course you can ask! I do a little bit of marking; on the front I marked the spine of the feather and then fill in around it. After doing the feather, I decided to go back and fill some of the feathers and also add the little circles to give it a little more interest. I've been at this (as a hobby in my spare time outside of a full-time job) for about 2 years. Believe me, my early efforts were pretty awful! I wasn't sure if I'd ever "get it" either. I kept practicing, studied a lot of videos on youtube, got several FMQ books and practiced, practiced, practiced!

    So, don't get discouraged, just keep at it and you'll get better too!

    Wendy

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    618
    Awesome. Just Love it.
    Great Job!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

  12. #12
    Super Member createfourpaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,915
    Beautiful work, I know I need to keep practicing to improve.


    Thanks for sharing
    Cindy

  13. #13
    Super Member 0tis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,671
    Love it....You should sell these..

  14. #14
    Super Member MDMPanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,456
    Oh my....I love it....This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Did you do the FMQ on a longarm or domestic?

  15. #15
    Junior Member Az Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by MDMPanther
    Oh my....I love it....This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Did you do the FMQ on a longarm or domestic?
    On a domestic machine.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York State
    Posts
    623
    AZ Quilter... I'm not fond of bags but this one is outstanding! Beautiful! Great job!

  17. #17
    Senior Member Buzzy Bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    452
    THANK YOU thank you for the incouragement...Igot a tin lizzie 18" sitdown model and I have to move the fabric to get the design but I can t stand long enough for the type that has the arms that u move following a design with the lasser light....Thank u again...so nice of you to respond so quickly... I love your design..i have been watching a lot of Leah's work....it looks so simple to watch someone else do it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Az Quilter
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzy Bee
    so nice !!!! can i ask.....did u have to mark fabric first or just sight it.....and how long did it take u to get this good !!! i m so dicouraged because i feel like i will never get rthe hang of doig it...thanks for sharing !!!!!!
    Thank you; of course you can ask! I do a little bit of marking; on the front I marked the spine of the feather and then fill in around it. After doing the feather, I decided to go back and fill some of the feathers and also add the little circles to give it a little more interest. I've been at this (as a hobby in my spare time outside of a full-time job) for about 2 years. Believe me, my early efforts were pretty awful! I wasn't sure if I'd ever "get it" either. I kept practicing, studied a lot of videos on youtube, got several FMQ books and practiced, practiced, practiced!

    So, don't get discouraged, just keep at it and you'll get better too!

    Wendy

  18. #18
    Junior Member Az Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzy Bee
    THANK YOU thank you for the incouragement...Igot a tin lizzie 18" sitdown model and I have to move the fabric to get the design but I can t stand long enough for the type that has the arms that u move following a design with the lasser light....Thank u again...so nice of you to respond so quickly... I love your design..i have been watching a lot of Leah's work....it looks so simple to watch someone else do it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Az Quilter
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzy Bee
    so nice !!!! can i ask.....did u have to mark fabric first or just sight it.....and how long did it take u to get this good !!! i m so dicouraged because i feel like i will never get rthe hang of doig it...thanks for sharing !!!!!!
    Thank you; of course you can ask! I do a little bit of marking; on the front I marked the spine of the feather and then fill in around it. After doing the feather, I decided to go back and fill some of the feathers and also add the little circles to give it a little more interest. I've been at this (as a hobby in my spare time outside of a full-time job) for about 2 years. Believe me, my early efforts were pretty awful! I wasn't sure if I'd ever "get it" either. I kept practicing, studied a lot of videos on youtube, got several FMQ books and practiced, practiced, practiced!

    So, don't get discouraged, just keep at it and you'll get better too!

    Wendy

    I've spent lots of evenings sitting and watching Leah Day's videos, then trying them myself too! And have you seen Sharon Schamber's videos? Hers are a real help to me in getting better with feathers.
    :thumbup:

  19. #19
    Super Member Crlyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,813
    You have done really well with your FMQing, I love your feathers! :thumbup:

  20. #20
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    9,372
    The bag is just adorable. Love to learn how to do the design.

  21. #21
    Senior Member yellowsnow55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    974
    Wow, love the quilting and the bag. Looks like a nice size too. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

  22. #22
    Senior Member krabadan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    700
    Beautiful

  23. #23
    farscapegal
    Guest
    I love it.

    Sybil

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Phenix City, Alabama
    Posts
    892
    i've gotta try that. that would make a greatbag for a netbook.

  25. #25
    Junior Member Az Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by ann31039
    i've gotta try that. that would make a greatbag for a netbook.
    It sure would! You could make it just the right size to hold whatever you like. :thumbup:

    Wendy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.