Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Found this in a box in the garage.

This was the first quilt I made for my second grandson. I always wondered about it because I never saw it again after giving it to my son and daughter in law. I never saw the baby wrapped in it or the blanket in his crib. I don't know what they were thinking but I'm glad I found it and even though little Andrew is five years old he can use it here at my house for a lap quilt.

andrews quilt 005 JPG
    Name:  Attachment-209307.jpe
Views: 35
Size:  57.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Radiana
    This was the first quilt I made for my second grandson. I always wondered about it because I never saw it again after giving it to my son and daughter in law. I never saw the baby wrapped in it or the blanket in his crib. I don't know what they were thinking but I'm glad I found it and even though little Andrew is five years old he can use it here at my house for a lap quilt.
    I love the lamb flannel. I made several pillowcases, PJs for my GS and a nightgown for me. The white lambs on blue, that is!

I'm so glad you found it! Now it can be used and enjoyed.

Blog Entries
    Great save. Some people just don't get what an incredible gift a quilt is. Happy he can use it at your house:)

Blog Entries
    I have a few baby quilts and blankets that I just adored. I was so worried about staining and ruining them, that I stored them away. Now that they are all grown, I often wish i would have let them get well loved. instead of "preserving" them or "saving" them. I often ask "Saving it for what?"
    Maybe this is what they were thinking to. Glad you found it and it can get well loved now.

I guess they didnt realize how hard you worked on it.

I'm glad you found. Now he can enjoy it at your house.

Still looks nice after five years

Blog Entries
    Glad it's home now!

Blog Entries
    Lady told me one time to ask myself the question what or who are you saving this for use and enjoy because your kids do not want it.

some people just don't understand about quilts.

So glad you found it! It is darling.

How cute.

Power Poster
    Are you sure you gave it to them? Maybe you took it back to put a label on it and never gave it back to them.

Quote Originally Posted by CloverPatch
    I have a few baby quilts and blankets that I just adored. I was so worried about staining and ruining them, that I stored them away. Now that they are all grown, I often wish i would have let them get well loved. instead of "preserving" them or "saving" them. I often ask "Saving it for what?"
    Maybe this is what they were thinking to. Glad you found it and it can get well loved now.
    Although I understand how you feel, wow, fancy not using a quilt that someone has made with love for your baby! My friends and I call these "chew and spew" quilts! I've made a few cot quilts, and have always told the parents to use the quilt - its washable. To tell the truth, I think quilts aren't quite as fragile as we think they are, some last and last and last!

a darling quilt

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    Great save. Some people just don't get what an incredible gift a quilt is. Happy he can use it at your house:)
    :thumbup: Well said!!

Blog Entries
    I can't imagine not using a quilt made with love!!! I made a quilt for a friend and she refuses to use it because she doesn't want to wear it out but it is always displayed on the back of her couch for everyone to see.

Love you quilt! It's found it's way back to you and you get the pleasure of watching your grandchild enjoy it! Fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by SueDor
    Are you sure you gave it to them? Maybe you took it back to put a label on it and never gave it back to them.
    I was thinking the same thing. OP doesn't specify if she found it in a box in her garage or Son and DIL's garage. If it was in her garage, how did it get there if she thought she had gifted it?? If it was in theirs, maybe when unloading the quilt from the car it was inadvertantly left there and then forgotten with all the excitement of the new baby?

Oh yes I gave it to them at the baby shower. It's o.k. it could have been that my DIL was afraid that it could get roughed up by the pets. I know she liked it very much because after the shower she told me that she thought it was very pretty and she said you know me, I'm hard to please.

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    I was thinking the same thing. OP doesn't specify if she found it in a box in her garage or Son and DIL's garage. If it was in her garage, how did it get there if she thought she had gifted it?? If it was in theirs, maybe when unloading the quilt from the car it was inadvertantly left there and then forgotten with all the excitement of the new baby?
    I should have mentioned that they moved from a huge house to a one bedroom apartment and so they're using our garage for storage.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiana
    Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    I should have mentioned that they moved from a huge house to a one bedroom apartment and so they're using our garage for storage.
    Oh, then this probably falls into the "Too good to use" category. I would be flattered, even though you made it to be used.

Blog Entries
    Do you think maybe they "lost" it and were too embarrassed to say anything?

Blog Entries
    Cute