Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Found at my Great Aunt's house! >

Found at my Great Aunt's house!

Found at my Great Aunt's house!

Old 09-10-2012, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by fleurdelisquilts.com View Post
It's absolutely beautiful. You have found a treasure.

I don't mean to be negative, but I can't help but wonder how do you know there is a quilt? Besides, the responses all seem so sure there is one. Where does that assurance come from? (Am I missing some info that everyone else knows?)

I don't have any idea just very wishful thinking on my part. I've found a lot of quilts made by she and her mom. My aunt was 96 when she died in 2008. She loved blue and I can just see her fingering and patting this. So no I have no idea if there is one but I've only gotten through about a half of her stuff and am just seriously hoping.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dakota Girl View Post
I hope that I am wrong, but, see if you can find a label on it. About ten years ago, I bought two shams just like that at
Big Lots. They looked very authentic and all hand done. They had been made in China. Apparently by some cheap labor.
They certainly fooled me. The price was so cheap, I don't know where my usually curious mind was at the time. They also
had bed size quilts. I just dug out one of my shams and the similarity is very striking. Fabric, quilting etc.
LOL it's ok. Maybe I can find one like it then. IT is beautiful and those where her favorite colors. I cannot find a tag or any evidence that one has been removed. It's all good. It was hers, our favorite colors and that makes it special. Someone may have even given it to her. I am still amazed at all the hand quilting.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

Wow, lucky you
Old 12-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Power Poster

That's beautiful! What a treasure!