Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Go easy on me.... >

Go easy on me....

Go easy on me....

Old 08-25-2010, 06:32 PM

Here are some pictures of a baby quilt I am making. The fabric is all scraps that I was going to sell in my garage sale but decided to practice.
I pieced it all with my serger...boy that went fast...
I have done some FMQ but mainly stippling. I wanted to give some other things a try. I am quilting all the solid squares with the large flower like pattern. The patterned squares something different in each one.
Right now I am mainly trying to get the continous movement down, and working on something larger then a sample piece. What a huge difference. Once I get the movement branded in my brain then I am going to focus more on getting even stitches.
I have been watching the 365 days of FMQ with Leah Day. The patterns you see are hers. I watch her videos and when I see one that seems to flow in my mind the way she makes it flow in her video....that is the one I try.
I need TONS of practice...I have found out that so far it is not like sitting and sewing for several hours because my jaw gets really tired...Yes I said my jaw. I tend to circle my jaw with the flow of the pattern. :roll: Maybe if I chew gum or something when I am doing it that will help.
Good thing there really aren't quilting police or I would be landed straight in quilters prison. :lol:
I also had the bright idea :idea: that if I post regular pics that I will get it finished.

Baby Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104415[/ATTACH]

Solid Flowered square
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104416[/ATTACH]

spiral
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104417[/ATTACH]

Lollypop pattern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104418[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-104410.jpe   attachment-104411.jpe   attachment-104412.jpe   attachment-104413.jpe  
Old 08-25-2010, 06:37 PM

Very nice Lynn! Good idea on the extra motivation to take photos to keep at it :)
Old 08-25-2010, 06:39 PM

What a pretty quilt. Your stitches are great..better than mine I can tell you. I'm learning....so far I have only practiced on scraps..
Old 08-25-2010, 06:40 PM

Wow, Lynn, you're doing a fantastic job. I'm a big Leah Day fan, too. I'm sure not as accomplished as you are at FMQ, but I get the jaw thing.........I don't know what I do, but I've learned that I have to wear my dental appliance when I FMQ...LOL. It really helps. I have one cause I grind in my sleep, but maybe one of those sports mouth guards would help you a little.
Your work is great. Looks like you have a real talent for this. The large flower is amazing!
Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:41 PM

Excellent!!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:41 PM

I do the jaw thing too! Thought I was the only one!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

That is just darling. I love your quilting. You are doing a wonderful job. Keep it up.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:55 PM

Beautiful quilt. Love the quilting.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:58 PM

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I am having fun with this. I would have never taken this on if this wasn't fabric that I was going to do away with. I am feeling a little more confident and will try some wallhangings after I finish this quilt.
When my son was young he would stand to play video games. Back to the days of Frogger and Pit Fall he would jump in the air when Frogger or the pit fall guy jumped. It was so much fun to watch him. LOL
That's how I feel when I am doing the quilting.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:02 PM

Very nicely done. I love those practice quilts and this one is nice enough for a gift! Great job!