Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Gorgeous Malibu George, The Happy California Cow

Here's George!
    The last time you saw him he was incomplete... no eyes or a tail and he wasn't quilted yet. He's all together now! Whoopee!! It's another two year project that is complete!! (Notice the lack of the 'f' word!) I'm on a roll now, look out!

This is a Linderella's pattern by Linda Sullivan
    http://www.linderellas.com/index.htm

A Happy California Cow
    Name:  Attachment-67559.jpe
Views: 531
Size:  62.0 KB

Blog Entries
    He is absolutely ADORABLE!

You give me hope that I can "complete" a couple of things I have been working on. He is well worth the wait. You should be very proud.

He is so cute. I love it!

Oh! How fun! I love it! Ferdinand step aside, there is a new bull in town!

He's MOOvelous! Love the colors!

MCH
    You've given me an idea for a wall hanging for my husband's "office". He positively belly-laughs at the California Happy Cows commercials. He's even gone so far as to download some of them onto his PC. We're not in Malibu, but we are in California! Thanks! :P

I think George is gourgous and any cow would be happy to know him
    Talking about cows I saw the cow print again in WM just the other day

Thank you for the smiles

MCH,
    Aren't the California Cows a hoot? That's who George is named after, obviously. With all those colors I knew he was a California cow and definitely Southern California. I grew up and lived in Southern Cal for 55+ years so I knew George belonged right there in Malibu surfing! I should have made him a boogy board! :lol:

Now we'll have to consider that Geico gecko or perhaps the Aflac duck! :lol:

MCH
    Yvonne,
    Being that we're not far apart in age (I'm a bit older than you), do you remember the early days of TV and any of the so-called professional wrestling matches that were broadcast? There was one "dude" named Gorgeous George who was over the top with his long, flowing blond curls, wardrobe and sequined capes...and his "strut" was just too much! When I saw that you had named your work Gorgeous Malibu George, I had to chuckle at the memory of "Gorgeous George", the wrestler. We could do 30 minutes of one-liners about Gorgeous George the wrestler, Gorgeous George the Malibu Calfornia Happy Cow, and the CA Happy Cows in general. You have to laugh at the CHC commercial in which the earth shakes and the tag line is, "Ooooo, a foot massage!"
    However, it's that southern CA connection that caught my eye this morning. You don't happen to be an Anaheim Ducks hockey fan, do you? Should you consider the Aflac duck, maybe he could morph into an Anaheim Duck fending off a Detroit Red Wing with his hockey stick. Seems the Ducks are having the same troubles with the Detroit Red Wings that the San Jose Sharks had with Detroit in the second round of the NHL playoffs last week. :cry:
    Hmmm...should I consider a San Jose Sharkey wall hanging for my cube? See http://www.sjsharkie.com/ My Sharks "stuff" made my cube "Sharks Hockey Central" at the office. GO SHARKS! (next year... :wink: ) And may Malibu George always be a Happy California Cow (er, bull...) Enjoy!

Yvonne:
    What a hoot! I love George's Loooooooooog legs! He's just darling. Aflec duck was my husband's favorite commercial...until the goat was introduced. We love the goat! "Naaaaa....Naaaaa...Naaa,Naaa, Naaa!" :lol: If you whip either one of those up, make sure and post a picture! Thanks for sharing.

Feathers

Don't forget about the Geico gecko, especially when he drives his convertible (or is that only an east coast commercial?) :roll:

No, Geico drives his convertible on the West coast, too. :D
    Feathers

I love the cows, duck, and lizard! you aren't goin' caveman on us, though, are ya?

I am so glad this post came back up, I love looking at this. It is so adorable.

I'm glad you all are still enjoying George! He makes me smile every morning as he is hanging on my sewing room door.

You know he wasn't all that hard to make since the directions called for fusible applique. Easy-peasy! You all really should have your very own George. We could have a whole herd here!!! Come on, one and all, it's a George challenge! You should all have your very own California Cow! :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    l love the legs on your cow......

I love George!!!!!!!!!!!!