Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Got a new toy today   :) >

Got a new toy today :)

Got a new toy today :)

Old 10-23-2009, 07:27 PM

Eddie, you hit Lotto again. You'll be fascinated with all the embroidery stitches & designs. You can get lots of free emb machine designs off Internet sites....just type that in & start looking at different sites. EmbLibrary.com is one I remember, & I'll make a list later & send you of ones I've used. They list the type machine you have & you click on it to get the right type design for your machine to download. Melissa probably knows about all this, but if you have questions I'm sure others on here will know of sites to try. I mentioned using free designs to get you started & you'll see ones you want to purchase from time to time. I think they have free labels also. Plus the 1000 will be your work horse. Wow! You'll be turning out tons of quilts.

How long have you been quilting. I don't remember.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Teacup
I'm sorry, I had to laugh when I read this. Not at you at all, Eddie...it just struck me that we all ooohh and aahhh over everyone's new machines (I do it too!) and it reminded me of students at Hogwarts in the Harry Potter books eyeing the newest and most deluxe broomsticks and longing to have them! From Comets to Cleansweeps to Nimbus 2000 to Firebolts...they want them all! I have a much lower end Brother machine that is doing well for me so far, for all the more I use it, but it is sure fun to look at what you got and think, "maybe someday!"

Enjoy your new machines and create wonderful things!

HAHAHA! That made me laugh. I can just imagine if a non-quilter stumbled onto this website and were to see some of our threads like this. They would be going "Uhh,....it's a sewing machine. Ya know? It's a s-e-w-i-n-g m-a-c-h-i-n-e!" :D
Old 10-23-2009, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
Eddie, you hit Lotto again. You'll be fascinated with all the embroidery stitches & designs. You can get lots of free emb machine designs off Internet sites....just type that in & start looking at different sites. EmbLibrary.com is one I remember, & I'll make a list later & send you of ones I've used. They list the type machine you have & you click on it to get the right type design for your machine to download. Melissa probably knows about all this, but if you have questions I'm sure others on here will know of sites to try. I mentioned using free designs to get you started & you'll see ones you want to purchase from time to time. I think they have free labels also. Plus the 1000 will be your work horse. Wow! You'll be turning out tons of quilts.

How long have you been quilting. I don't remember.
Thanks for the info, Sheila, I'm sure my embroidery knowledge it going to expand once I get that emb machine too. Should be fun learning to do new things with it.

To answer your question, I started quilting back in May, so I guess I'm into it about 5 months now. It's been a lot of fun! :)
Old 10-23-2009, 07:40 PM

Awesome deal Eddie! Have a blast!!
Old 10-23-2009, 08:40 PM

Great score!
Old 10-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Power Poster

We understand that it is just a s-e-w-i-n-g m-a-c-h-i-n-e... But Oh my what a MACHINE ! :mrgreen: And the bonus of an embroidery machine Woo Hoo pay dirt... will we ever see you agian :cry: you may be to busy creating to come visit us anymore (shoulders slumped, sadly shaking head )
HAVE FUN
Old 10-23-2009, 11:12 PM

Wow Eddie Score! Can't wait to see what your able to create now! :thumbup:
Old 10-24-2009, 12:34 AM

WTG Eddie - now for some action !!!

Tisha
Old 10-24-2009, 04:36 AM
Banned

Oh my.... How cool is that? Congrats kiddo :D
Old 10-24-2009, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Good for you Eddie! Do you mean you bought the 1000 and got ANOTHER machine with it? How long does that promotion last? Was it a local promotion or one for all Brother dealers?
Yes, I got a free second machine for purchasing the first one. The promotion is by Brother, so should apply to all of their dealers. It's been going on for a couple of weeks now and today is the final day of it. Here's a link to the promo:

http://www.brother-usa.com/Homesewin...WT.mc_ev=click

The deal I got is the one shown in the lower right-hand corner - a free embroidery machine when purchasing the QC-1000 quilting machine.