Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: GrammyPatty's 2010 Round Robin is back

It came out beautiful and I'm thrilled. My plans are to add 2 borders to make it big enough to use for a throw and eventually it will go to one of my 2 youngest granddaughters - whichever one bonds with it when visiting will get it. I hope to make a special throw or small twin for each to use while visiting and if they bond with one, will put their name on it and will get eventually.

In a few days I'll post photos of all 3 of my butterfly quilts as I'm still finishing the quilting on the 2nd one. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pam
    Very pretty. The applique flowers are wonderful.

Blog Entries
    I Love it GREAT JOB everyone :thumbup: It is so pretty and springish :mrgreen:

Love the colors you chose. Very pretty quilt-you do such nice work. I'm sure both GD will love it--you may have a fight on your hands LOL!

Super Member I go To The Sea To Breathe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just bonded with it. So when do I get it? No really what a beautiful, beautiful quilt. I love it.....

Blog Entries
    That's very pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by I come to the sea to breathe
    I just bonded with it. So when do I get it? No really what a beautiful, beautiful quilt. I love it.....
    ROFL. Love it. Thank you.

Thank you everyone for looking and for your kind comments. Yes, it did occur to me that with 4 granddaughters, it could get interesting but hopefully I'll be around long enough to accomplish a nice throw for all 7 of my grandchildren. Throws don't take as long to do as twin quilts or even queen quilts and if I combine techniques - machine and hand quilt, that will speed things up some. I don't yet do FM so any fancy stitching will have to be by hand but that's ok as that's what I love to do anway.

Blog Entries
    This is very sweet quilt. Can just see a sweet little girl going night night on this precious quilt. Great JOB!!!!

The quilt is impressive - but so is your love of grandbabies and passing on treasures. Thanks for sharing your gift with us.

Quote Originally Posted by annieshane
    This is very sweet quilt. Can just see a sweet little girl going night night on this precious quilt. Great JOB!!!!
    Thank you. I can too and with 4 granddaughters, it could be interesting but I'll get it worked out fairly, God willing.

Quote Originally Posted by mona z
    The quilt is impressive - but so is your love of grandbabies and passing on treasures. Thanks for sharing your gift with us.
    Thank you. What I love about Round Robins is that there are techniques used that I would never do or styles that I would never do and it all comes together beautifully. The lady who added the last border said her husband asked her why she never makes beautiful quilts like that. Well, it took 5 of us to pull it off. I made the center square and 4 others each added a border and now I'll add two borders, quilt and bind off. If you ever get the opportunity to participate in one, I highly encourage you to jump for the opportunity as they are fun. You can even organize your little exchange if you live near quilters. I never did until we relocated from IL to a retirement community in FL.

It is so pretty. I love the flowers also.

Beautiful!

That is a perfect little girl quilt!!
    We have that butterfly fabric. My 10yo DD made jammies out of it last year.

don't know that i would have the courage to participate in one yet...need more experience or confidence. but it does sound like fun. read the jennifer chiaverini quilting books and loved the stories about the relaionships formed thru quilting.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    you did a fantastic job it is beautiful, thank you for sharing. God bless. Penny

Blog Entries
    Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by mona z
    don't know that i would have the courage to participate in one yet...need more experience or confidence. but it does sound like fun. read the jennifer chiaverini quilting books and loved the stories about the relaionships formed thru quilting.
    I totally understand where you're coming from. The lady who put the teal border on my quilt probably feels the same way you did but she participated and how has a wonderful treasure to quilt and treasure. Hopefully the time will come when you have the opportunity to participate. When we were planning this second exchange, so many in my chapter were afraid to try but they are wonderful quilters. I finally got so frustrated with all of their excuses for not participating because I said "guess I'm too dumb to have fear as I look on it as an adventure and I had a ball participating in my first and now my second round robin and eagerly look forward to doing another one and hopefully we will. If the chapter doesn't, I may see if I can set one up with 4 other ladies and we'll have fun.

My philosophy is nothing ventured, nothing gained. If you can piece a quilt and/or know how to sew seams, you can participate in a round robin. Will you get frustrated - probably as I did with one of the quilts in this exhange. Your goal is to add a nice border to whatever quilt you get and you can do that - when you're ready. Keep it in the back of your mind and hopefully one day you'll have the oppportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by grammypatty7
    It came out beautiful and I'm thrilled. My plans are to add 2 borders to make it big enough to use for a throw and eventually it will go to one of my 2 youngest granddaughters - whichever one bonds with it when visiting will get it. I hope to make a special throw or small twin for each to use while visiting and if they bond with one, will put their name on it and will get eventually.

In a few days I'll post photos of all 3 of my butterfly quilts as I'm still finishing the quilting on the 2nd one. Thanks for looking.
    very pretty !!

Blog Entries
    Oooo it is beautiful!!! Lucky Granddaughter :D:D:D

Thanks for the kick in the butt and the advice. Life is way too short for being timid...besides, I am well acquainted with seam rippers.

That is so pretty. I love the colors and the appliqued flower is the perfect touch. You did a great job in this quilt. Thanks for sharing.

love it