Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Granddaughter and her 1st quilt >

Granddaughter and her 1st quilt

Granddaughter and her 1st quilt

Old 09-08-2010, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by MOMBASIL53
Tell her she puts me to shame,she did an excellent job. Can you come teach me?? LOL
I would, Mombasil53, but I can't FIND you!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thank you, everyone. I've linked her to this page...so she'll see your comments. I am SO proud of her!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:33 AM

awesome!! :thumbup:
Old 09-08-2010, 08:33 AM

Gorgeous
Old 09-08-2010, 09:29 AM

Your GD's quilt is awesome. I hope she is planning her next one.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:29 AM

beautiful quilt, I have a granddaughte and I'm hoping she will want to learn to sew/quilt
Old 09-08-2010, 09:30 AM

Nicely done!! You should be very proud of yourself!! Lovely quilt!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:33 AM

She should be proud!! That is a big accomplishment! Give her a hug for me! A+..... :thumbup: :D
Old 09-08-2010, 12:17 PM

First of all conratulations to your DGD for making such a beautiful quilt for her first one. It looks like she di an excellent job!
I have that pattern and was just looking at it again today trying to figure out what i needed yet to be able to start making it. This past spring I found some beautiful 100% cotton dress fabric in a couple large prints and some smaller ones in torquoise, whites and blacks and browns. It was on sale and beautiful and 60inches wide. I bought one large print and a couple small ones. I still need some more prints to go with it. So it won't look exactly like your DGD's but hopefully it will be pretty. My 11 year old DGD looks at quilt patterns and ideas that I've collected and then takes a post-it not and writes her name on it so that I'll make it for her. She put a big#1 on this patter so I suppose I'll have to give it to her. Maybe I should let her help me make it.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:22 PM

Incredible! I am totally impressed. Did she sit at your feet while you sewed, since the day she was born? This is a major achievement!
Originally Posted by amandasgramma
My DG finally finished her quilt! (gramma can't take good pictures!) She pieced all the blocks and even helped on the quilting machine. I helped with the ironing and the binding!
She's SOOOO proud of it! She even slept in it before I could get a good picture! :mrgreen:

on edit: I forgot to mention...the quilt is a kit called Park Place from Pine Tree Country Quilts. Designed by Deborah Mosa. It was on the front cover of the May 2010 issue of The Quilter Magazine. :-D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-08-2010, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by QUILT4JOY
Incredible! I am totally impressed. Did she sit at your feet while you sewed, since the day she was born? This is a major achievement!
Originally Posted by amandasgramma
My DG finally finished her quilt! (gramma can't take good pictures!) She pieced all the blocks and even helped on the quilting machine. I helped with the ironing and the binding!
She's SOOOO proud of it! She even slept in it before I could get a good picture! :mrgreen:

on edit: I forgot to mention...the quilt is a kit called Park Place from Pine Tree Country Quilts. Designed by Deborah Mosa. It was on the front cover of the May 2010 issue of The Quilter Magazine. :-D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nope! not at all. She lives 3 hrs away! She came during spring vacation and I insisted she try to sew a pillow case. She got so excited she made 6 of them before she left. I asked her if she wanted to do a quilt....she did. she picked out the pattern -- and since it's a kit, we didn't have to futz with what fabric to buy.

:mrgreen: