Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: green bags

Green bags i have made --10 in all, 6 of the green and white striped and the rest of different blues 2 each color. I have a variety of sizes in the green bags and have now decieded upon 17x17 inch with about 5 &1/2 inch opening (sides).

They are made of very good fabric the green is a uphostery material for patio furniture and the blue is trigger. They should wash and wear very good.

The embroidery pockets are for giftbags ---to much effort for everyday use for me. The pockets evolved to hold coupons and such.

Trying to go green and help the enviroment, I think they will made good Christmas presents. Sewbusy
    Attached Images Attached Images

GREAT JOB!!

You have been busy. Great bags and great Christmas gifts. They sound like they are a good size.

Love the dog want you to see him too.

So cute and I absolutely adore the blue with the tomato print! Is that material you had on hand, went out to purchase, or did you print on the computer?? Great job.

Those are very cute, they will make great Christmas gifts

Great idea!! They look really built tough:)Good thing too, I have noticed the plastic bags are really ripping by the time you get in the door anymore. I have a couple of green bags..but, not looking good like yours!! Great Christmas gift idea too!! Skeat

They are all great! I love that tomato fabric. I had that once.

Banned
    Those a terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Chele
    They are all great! I love that tomato fabric. I had that once.
    Chele,
    that's a fabric pattern? It looks so realistic, I thought she might have printed on the computer from a magazine photo. Very cool material!!

Great idea and great gifts. Love them all.

I like those. I've thought about making some too but just haven't taken the time.

Blog Entries
    Okay, I've been buying my cloth bags from the grocery store but no more of that when there are such great options to copy right here. Enough advertising for the store!

Thank you all for your encouraging comments, I appreciate them. All the fabric is stuff from my stash. I am trying very hard to use up some of it. It is in tubs and boxes all over the sewing room and has really limited my access and enjoyment of the sewing room. I should be ashamed of myself.....................but than it would not be called an addiction. Alas, now I need to purchase more Trigger for more bags.

Quote Originally Posted by sewsewquilter
    You have been busy. Great bags and great Christmas gifts. They sound like they are a good size.

Love the dog want you to see him too.

Thank you I have been trying to remember to use them -------it's all in training. I get to the cash register and remember they are in the car or at home. The dog is a throw that my son got me for Christmas, and it looks just like our yellow Lab Rusty. Who takes up most of our time now, he is a great hunter but also the best family pet. Insidently, your little guy is adorable.

Great bags!! I have gone green too and only use cloth bags now--but I cheated and bought mine at the store. I could not make them for the $1 I paid for them. They are sooooo much better than plastic or paper.

I agree Marcia...we have gone green too....but I could use more bags sewbusy......

I had an idea to try to make some too sewbusy - but have not had the time or found a pattern that I really thought I liked. Where did you find your pattern? I really like the idea of the pouch for coupons too.

Great bags Sewbusy, I like you have to get into the habit of remembering to actually take them into the shop with me as mine stay in the boot of my car. It will become automatic with time I hope. LOL
    I sent DH to the car to collect them from the boot when we were away on holiday, he returned empty handied looking confused!!!
    We had taken his car on our holiday & not mine, did I get my leg pulled or what for having short term memory loss.
    They will make ideal Christmas presents - us girls can never have enough bags.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Tisha

I have been trying to think os things i can make for christmas.....these are a good idea. Walmart has some really heavy fabric for 2 dollars.

I like yours. you can take them to the fabric store when shopping :wink: I bought mine too they are not really fabric and are getting holes, so i better get going :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by rein
    I had an idea to try to make some too sewbusy - but have not had the time or found a pattern that I really thought I liked. Where did you find your pattern? I really like the idea of the pouch for coupons too.
    Thank you rein, I didn't have a pattern. I used the trial and error method, and that is why it took me a few to get the right size and the fastest way to put them together figured out. Even at different sizes they are all useable.

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    fun christmas ideas.. I love the bags from Target, Joanns, Walmart and Giant eagle.. I use them too !!

Joanns has the biggest.. of course ! They want us to fill them up !! grin

Thanks for sharing !! love the embroderie too !!

Ellen

Very nice job!!!

They are so cute.

Great job. You'll be the talk of the grocery store.

awesome bags!!! love the jeans one!!

Sewbusy they're just awesome!!! Such a talented lady you are!! No pattern at all!!! They really are a wonderful size!! The little yucky ones they sell around here are barely big enough for a couple loaves of bread. I soooo need to get busy. I have patterns, tons of them, just haven't gotten to making them yet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast