Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Daisies

I love this quilt! You did a great job. Happy, happy, happy!

Beautiful quilt, just makes a person feel good looking at the happy daisies.

I love this. It reminds me of one I saw recently called Coffee and Cream. The way it's positive/negative on each flower. Coffee and Cream is like that, but with stars. Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

Very pretty and very happy looking quilt. You do such a beautiful job Kathy. I love the colors in this also

Wow, that is such a beautiful, happy quilt. :)

Quote Originally Posted by KathyAire
    Happy Daisies is not my pattern or design. I saw a picture of a quilt like this and I thought it was the happiest quilt I ever saw. It was on another quilting forum. I asked the person that posted the picture about the pattern. She said it was a customer's quilt and would ask about it. When she questioned the piecer she was told the piecer was not the designer and didn't know where it came from. No one seemed to know.

I copied it and named it 'Happy Daisies'. I played around with paper until I got the size petals and stems that I wanted. Then I made a template. The blocks are 13" square and then cut in half and sewed together, then squared to 12 1/2". I copy lots of things I see, unless it specifically says don't copy it. If that's not okay, then I'm a dead duck. I do not have a creative mind. Even though I don't know where it came from originally, I do remember my mom making a daisy quilt about 50 years ago. She didn't use the positive/negative color scheme, just the daisy petals. That's probably why I like this quilt so much, it reminds me of her.
    That is really Beautiful!! Please pm me I would love to get your pattern!!

Hi Kathie,
    Well no wonder you wanted to copy it, it is wonderful! You did a really nice job on the colors too. I copy patterns alot myself, not because I can't find it, because it saves me money ...LOL!
    It sure is a cute pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by dglvr
    I can see why you like it. Its beautifal. It put smile on my face too. Can't wait to see your version. :thumbup:
    That is my version.
    Oh okay I was thinking that was the one you took a picture of.
    Well you did a wonderful job. I guess I'm not awake yet.
    Thanks for the smile. :-D

this is just TOO funny, last week I was on a yahoo group for Bailey quilters, this quilt was in someone's album, she said she saw it somewhere and made one like it, I started one yesterday! we all have good taste! except my blocks are 8"

Blog Entries
    Oh I would really love the pattern too if it is possible! I have a daughter and she has a 'winter' quilt and has just asked me to make a 'summer' quilt for her and this would be perfect! you have made a wonderful quilt and I love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Shawn
    Happy Daisies is not my pattern or design. I saw a picture of a quilt like this and I thought it was the happiest quilt I ever saw. It was on another quilting forum. I asked the person that posted the picture about the pattern. She said it was a customer's quilt and would ask about it. When she questioned the piecer she was told the piecer was not the designer and didn't know where it came from. No one seemed to know.

I copied it and named it 'Happy Daisies'. I played around with paper until I got the size petals and stems that I wanted. Then I made a template. The blocks are 13" square and then cut in half and sewed together, then squared to 12 1/2". I copy lots of things I see, unless it specifically says don't copy it. If that's not okay, then I'm a dead duck. I do not have a creative mind. Even though I don't know where it came from originally, I do remember my mom making a daisy quilt about 50 years ago. She didn't use the positive/negative color scheme, just the daisy petals. That's probably why I like this quilt so much, it reminds me of her.
    That is really Beautiful!! Please pm me I would love to get your pattern!!

Your quilt is sure happy such a nice pattern I think a lot of us have good "Daisy Memories" I can remember my Mom having a tablecloth that she had embroidered with daisies. She loved drawing and mostly made designs from pictures.You have done a wonderful job on this quilt And i'm sure it will become a treasure for someone special!

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

It's lovely, and so cheerful! Are you going to share your templates and do a tutorial online? Heidi

I LOVE daisies and hadn't seen them done this way before! Copying is OK by my book. I might copy your design to put on some cards I will be making!

Love the bright colors! Beautiful You did a great job.

Thanks for the compliments. Some people asked for the pattern. I don't have a pattern. What I said in the original message is what I did as far as the size of the blocks. I can copy my templates and you could use them, as elementary as they are.

I agree it is a happy quilt. You did a great job. Love it.

Makes me smile!

Blog Entries
    That's beautiful!

I love it, I would love to make that! Would you bee willing to help me figure out how to do that? I'm a NewbEE! :thumbup:

I would love to have the template. My sister has a new home and I would love to make a quilt like this only different for her. She is into purple and this is the best!

Blog Entries
    I "LOVE" your Happy Daisie's!! :D Now I am tempted to make something as happy as yours!! You have done a beautiful job. I love all of the color's. Thank you for sharing!!
    :D :D :D :D

What a beautiful, happy quilt!

It is Gorgeous!!! I Want One!

That's so pretty! And we could let our imaginations run wild with this idea - so many designs would work!

Love it . Colors are so cheerful.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast