Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
The hardest one I've made >

The hardest one I've made

The hardest one I've made

Old 12-18-2007, 10:19 PM

I just wanted to say that I am fairly new at it too, and of the 10-12 quilts I have made, the largest was a twin size. I like the smaller projects that don't take as long. Also, it doesn't matter what size they are...it is the hobby that you enjoy and keeps you quilting. I'd like to see some of your quilts.
God Bless!
Lori
Old 12-19-2007, 12:53 AM

wow! that is beautiful! isn't it funny how we feel the need to point out our mistakes? must be a 'quilter' thing. i did the same thing with my quilting neighbor the other day on one of my projects and she called me on it!

i just love that pattern. i was trying to figure out which is the main block. it is the star? or the square?

just beautiful! so glad you finished and posted it. oh, and i had to really look to notice the four patches in the middle, let alone see any that were turned the wrong way! :-)
Old 12-19-2007, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by fish
I love this quilt pattern. I looked on Quilter's Cache for the pattern you said was "Garden Path". Do you know whose pattern it is.
You are such a prolific quilter and a terrific person. I enjoy your pictures and your messages
i think this is it - except i like barnbum's choices of colors much better!

http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Shopper_id=963121935057963&Store_id=462&page_id=23&Item_ID=1017
Old 12-19-2007, 02:30 AM

Oh sorry fish--I just dig it out and its "Garden Lane" by Patch Works studio. I ordered in years ago online. I'd love to see it done in other colors.

Wow--thanks for all the kind words, everyone. You give me warm fuzzies. Mmmmmm. :D
Old 12-19-2007, 02:34 AM

Oh YES--that's it fabricluvr :!: :!: :!: How did I miss your reply before I added mine?? But that is the same picture I'm looking at right now.

I have to say it took the longest time for me to find the right colors for this one--I searched for the one for the big square first. The trouble was I pictured something in my head, then didn't stop looking until I found it. Then, it was darned tricky to find the ones I wanted to match. :roll: Took weeks.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:34 AM

Nice job... time to start another!
Old 12-19-2007, 05:01 PM

This looks profesional.....very nice ....really nice
Old 12-19-2007, 06:23 PM

i just love that pattern. i was trying to figure out which is the main block. it is the star? or the square?
It's the square--and the star--in one row, then the second row is a small part of it--a narrower row--the plain square with some flying geese and a four square beside it to help make it complete in the next row.

Does that make sense? :roll: I can see why you'd have trouble figuring it out. If it's making you crazy--I'll scan the picture of how it's put together here.... let me know. :wink:

Dawn--I'd have to be feeling VERY ambitious to try this one again. I'd never be able to decide on colors for a second one :!: :!: The barn one I'll start over break will be enough of a challenge for now. :-)
Old 12-19-2007, 10:30 PM

what is the name of the pattern of the pine tree quilt you have hanging on the wall above your bed?
Old 12-20-2007, 09:35 AM

MISTAKES, WHERE/ I must be going blind :shock: